Hello, I'm new!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by harry8, Mar 23, 2008.

1. harry8 New Member

Hello all,

I've just found this site and it looks great! My name is Clare, from the UK, and I have a 17 month old lurcher cross alsation called Harry. He is a wonderful dog and has lots of energy.

Harry can do many tricks like sit, stay, paw, crawl etc but would like him to learn many more. He's a keen learner especially if there is a tasty treat involved.

If anyone has any good dog games then please let me know. I always like to find new ways to keep him busy and happy.

Clare:dogsmile:

2. Jean Cote Administrator

:welcome: to the Academy Clare!!!

Does your dog know how to fetch? I think this is the best dog game! :) Hide and seek is cool too, hehehe.
  3. harry8 New Member

Hi Jean
    Yes, we play fetch as well as hide and seek. I also lik to hide treats around the house so he has to use his smell to find them. Great fun!

C
  4. Jean Cote Administrator

I used to do that with Chase a lot, it was great. I had soaked an old plush toy in garlic water and let it dried. Then I could hide it anywhere and she would immediately find it because of the smell. :) Great stuff!!!
  5. harry8 New Member

What a great idea.

This website is fantastic - really nice looking with plenty of info and games! I'm looking forward to teaching Harry some more tricks!
  6. zcoonhound Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Academy! You will find lots of ideas to keep both you and your pup busy! LOL