Hello From The Us!

Myndi

Hi everyone (y) I'm Myndi. I'm 20 and I live in West Virginia. I work in a vet's office now and I'm starting school in August to be a vet tech. I have two dogs, Snickers and Ava. Snick is a shepherd/collie mix and will be 10 this December and Ava is a Siberian Husky and just turned 2 on April 4th. They both know most of the basic commands and some tricks, but I've slacked off a little bit lately on training. Ava still seems to love training time, but as Snickers has gotten older he's more obsessed with finding something to eat than paying attention. Ava and I have done one obedience/agility class and I was hoping to do more this summer, but I just got out of a 2 month stay at the hospital so it'll have to wait a bit longer. As for Snickers, well, while I was sick his food obsession seems to have gotten much much worse and I actually how I found this site while googling how to fix it. Hopefully you all can help me figure something out for him before he eats himself into a coma.....

jazmataz

Hi everyone (y) I'm Myndi. I'm 20 and I live in West Virginia. I work in a vet's office now and I'm starting school in August to be a vet tech. I have two dogs, Snickers and Ava. Snick is a shepherd/collie mix and will be 10 this December and Ava is a Siberian Husky and just turned 2 on April 4th. They both know most of the basic commands and some tricks, but I've slacked off a little bit lately on training. Ava still seems to love training time, but as Snickers has gotten older he's more obsessed with finding something to eat than paying attention. Ava and I have done one obedience/agility class and I was hoping to do more this summer, but I just got out of a 2 month stay at the hospital so it'll have to wait a bit longer. As for Snickers, well, while I was sick his food obsession seems to have gotten much much worse and I actually how I found this site while googling how to fix it. Hopefully you all can help me figure something out for him before he eats himself into a coma.....
Hi Myndi! Welcome to the site! It's pretty fun here, I think you'll enjoy it! I think it's fun connecting with other dog-lovers out there! (Especially other trick dog trainers!) =)

Lisa Powell

Hi Myndi, welcome to the site, I'm new as well. So far everybody seems very friendly and the place seems like it will be fun.
Your avatar pic is lovely. :) I too have a shepherd/collie mix but he's only two months. :D