Hello from the land of the insane

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gravelhighway, Feb 10, 2008.

1. gravelhighway New Member

Hello all!

I'm very excited to have found this website. My boyfriend and I adopted a black Lab (mix?) last Saturday. I have an 11-year-old yellow Labrador that was mostly trained when I adopted her at 7 months. So this new addition to the family is becoming quite challenging!

Look forward to 'chatting' with all of you. :dogbiggrin:

2. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

Welcome to DTA! And I commend you for adopting both your dogs. :doghappy: Good luck with your new dog, and enjoy the site!
  3. gravelhighway New Member

Thank you. Looks like I'm going to need it. hahaha
  4. trixare4kids New Member

Welcome to the board, I'm new here too!
  5. gravelhighway New Member

Thank you!

Rosco failed puppy school. :doghuh:
  6. bjlargent New Member

Hello. I'm A New Member. My Pug And I Received Our Registration For Therapy Work Just Today. I Am Looking Forward To Teaching Her Some Tricks We Can Use When We Visit The Hospital.

Look Forward To Hearing From All.

Bj
  7. leema New Member

Hi BJ - Congrats on your pugs acceptance into therapy work! That's a fantastic thing for you to do with your dog. :)

I would suggest tricks that the dog can do with patients - like shaking hands, always a winner. Also things that pose a question... Head shaking, perhaps. ("Do you want a bath?") I ask my Mac, "Is it scary?" and he covers his face with his paw. I have also seen things like, "Where's you tail?" "Where's your foot?"
    Mac's "Lick your lips" is a croud pleaser, too!

Hope that gives you some ideas. :D

gravelhighway - My welcome to you is belated as I've already responded to your posts around the site! Welcome anyway. :)