Hello from Ohio!

barnhill

Experienced Member
Well I just happened to run across this website while searching for Dog tricks online so I signed up!!

I currently have 5 Dogs 3 are seniors 1 is a 3 year old All American that competes in AKC agility and our youngest is a 17 week old Mini Aussie who will be doing Agility and Disc Dog.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Glad to see that you have become interested in teaching tricks! I see that you will be starting disc dog training. Is disc the same as frisbee. I have not tried frisbee dog training myself, but my roomate does it with her poodle and it looks like so much fun. I would love to try it but my golden retriever is not built so well for the fancy leaping into the air and not s light as a poodle for vaulting off my back.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Hi, Barnhill. I joined DTA last spring and am just now going through the old intro posts to acquaint myself with the current members who are active, but joined before I did. In your intro, Bokeh was your new dog, and you have since acquired Tempest, correct? Do you have 6 dogs now? I have always wondered how people with so many dogs of active breeds manage to spend enough time training all of their dogs. Obviously, the seniors don't require as much training or exercise as the young ones, but still... I have my hands full with my one!

barnhill

Experienced Member
Since the time I joined we lost 2 of our senior dogs to cancer so we have 4 fur kids.

Starr Weimeraner 13 years
Sagira All American 7 years
Bokeh Aussie 3 years
Tempest BC 1 year

Starr doesnt actually do anything but sleep and grumble at the others. LOL

Sagira has been doing agility for 5 years now so she only goes to class once a week for practice.

Bokeh goes to Agility class once a week as well, he doesnt really like it but we play to keep him active, plus we play disc at the park and in the backyard pretty much everyday. Same with Tempest, but we take her to run-throughs once a week when we can. Mix in random training with basic stuff and pretty much all our free time is some type of dog related activity. LOL

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Since the time I joined we lost 2 of our senior dogs to cancer so we have 4 fur kids.

Starr Weimeraner 13 years
Sagira All American 7 years
Bokeh Aussie 3 years
Tempest BC 1 year

Starr doesnt actually do anything but sleep and grumble at the others. LOL

Sagira has been doing agility for 5 years now so she only goes to class once a week for practice.

Bokeh goes to Agility class once a week as well, he doesnt really like it but we play to keep him active, plus we play disc at the park and in the backyard pretty much everyday. Same with Tempest, but we take her to run-throughs once a week when we can. Mix in random training with basic stuff and pretty much all our free time is some type of dog related activity. LOL
I'm so sorry for your loss. I HATE CANCER! We lost our lovely 12 year old dog to cancer 2 years ago as well. It came on so quickly and spread so fast.

Do you have a life partner yourself, then, who enjoys the dog "work" as much as you? I suppose that would make it a lot easier to spend the time. Mine is divided between family and dog, as I am the only one who actively works him.