Hello From New England

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Thanks guys!

It really isn't that quick; we've been working at it for about a week.

It's funny w/ V.; it's like she...doesn't get it, doesn't get it, doesn't get it....then wham...one day it just seems to start to click.

sara

Staff member
Ha yes, Mouse does happen to be the cutest little munchkin ever... but I'm a little biased! :whistle:
What's really awesome with her, is she's soooo quick to learn. I "click" for something once, and she will repeat that the next time! unfortunately, we end up with silly additions to the tricks, cuz I accidentally "clicked" for it!.

And it's awesome to show people what a deaf and almost blind dog, of a breed that's often considered vicious, stubborn and untrain-able (sounds like a pitty too eh? LOL), can do :)

sara

Staff member
Wow!!!!! She's getting it REALLY fast!!!!!:D That's awesome!!!

Haha, don't worry, it's not just you.:) It took me a while to learn how to navigate the site (I discovered the "what's new" section three weeks after I joined:rolleyes:) As you begin to become addicted to this site (who doesn't, LOL:ROFLMAO:) You'll know how every part of DTA works.:ROFLMAO:

Ha ha I got you beat there! I dont think I discovered the "what's new" button for a couple of years after I joined! LOL But this site has changed several times since I joined :)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
And it's awesome to show people what a deaf and almost blind dog, of a breed that's often considered vicious, stubborn and untrain-able (sounds like a pitty too eh? LOL), can do :)
Yes, you are right Dach's do get a bad rap too; as do Chi.s.

I did have a Basset for @ 14 years and I can vouche for the stubborn part. And truth be told she was a hell of a little resource guarder...but we accidentally taught her that b/c we didn't know any better at the time. (She was a sickly pup, finicky eater, we played "the dinner game", in retrospect it was a primer on how to successfully turn a dog into a resource guarder. :oops: )

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
THANKS for info on B&T training, it sound neat, will look over that link. so does the xxxx sound mark "on right track, good, but not final trick"
and then, there is yet another sound for "yes! that's it!"

is that true or way off base?:ROFLMAO:

DOGSTER, how cool is it she had already seen your videos on youtube!!???? WOW!!! sweeeeeet!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
THANKS for info on B&T training, it sound neat, will look over that link. so does the xxxx sound mark "on right track, good, but not final trick"
and then, there is yet another sound for "yes! that's it!"

is that true or way off base?:ROFLMAO:

DOGSTER, how cool is it she had already seen your videos on youtube!!???? WOW!!! sweeeeeet!
You have it exactly, the intermediate bridge can be thought of as lower case "x"s (and actually other hard consonants are used as well, the X just seems to be the most popular) and it is sort of rhythmic; the "yes, that's it!" is also an x but think of it as an uppercase "X", more emphatic and standing alone.

It's a good method for a dog like V., who is somewhat insecure, doesn't like to be wrong and doesn't readily offer behaviors. It also seems to be good for building duration of behavior because the "xxxx xxxx, xxxx, xxxx" says "keep going, you're not done.

You can actually get more detailed information in the files of these 2 yahoo groups, than you can from the official site:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/bridgeandtarget2/?yguid=240576874
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/trainest/?yguid=240576874