Hello From Me & Chewie!

elissa

Hi everyone! I'm Elissa and my little furball is Chewie. I rescued her from the street in September 2013 and it was the best thing I've ever done! She's now about 5 1/2 months old and in her first heat... and an absolute sweetheart! She's changed my whole life! :LOL:

I think she's a Jack Russell/Yorkie mix! I'd love others' opinions on her breed mix though :)

brody_smom

Experienced Member
What a cutie! I would love to hear more of your rescue story. Were there other pups? She must have been very young at the time if you estimate her age at 5-1/2 months. Sorry I can't give you any clues on her breed. Jack Russell sounds about right judging from the ears and the intelligent face. You might get some better ideas once she is full grown.

elissa

She was all alone, just cowering in the piazza opposite where I work. We'd been doing a promotion in the Piazza with a bunch of the younger kids (I'm an English teacher) and I was just packing everything up when one of my students came to tell me there was a baby dog hiding under a bench, I went to have a look and there was this little bundle of white fluff, a bit dirty, very hungry and thirsty but certainly very friendly! I scooped her up, took her across the road to my school and gave her some water and settled her down in a quiet corner in a box. I fell in love with her instantly and asked my boss for the rest of the day off to take her to the vets and get to a pet store to get everything I'd need to care for her. My boss is a dog lover and thankfully agreed!

I took her to the vet who estimated her age at about 4-5 weeks; it's quite common here in Italy for puppies to be taken from their mums that early. Both the vet and I agreed that she was most likely given to somebody as a present and they hadn't realised how demanding a very young pup can be so they'd 'lost' her.

But I'm glad they did as my little Chewie has fast become the best thing in my life, I cannot wait to get home and get puppy cuddles from her and snuggling on the sofa with her curled on my lap is just about the best feeling in the world!!

freedomdreams

aw she is absolutely gorgeous! what a lucky girl :) I love hearing about stories like that, she actually looks like she has west highland terrier in her,Bichon or Maltese cross? But she's absolutely adorable :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome Elissa and Chewie!:) She's just too too cute for words:love: ! And I just love a happy ending story, so keep us posted with all her little ways (antics) I'm sure she'll have plenty.

As to her 'breed' I agree with Freedomdreams, but whatever she is, one thing is for sure, she's one very beautiful bundle of happy joy. LOL meanie, she wants her piece of pizza too;) ! Gotta love that look!:love:

running_dog

Honored Member
By the way...

Tu insegni inglese ma sono italiano imparare.

LOL I hope I did better than when I told someone I wanted to be a pet guinea pig :LOL::LOL::LOL: