hello from me and ludo!

ludosmum

hey. . .i'm vicky, my dog ludo whos an old english sheep dog, is coming up for 18 months old, hes so bright an picks things up real quick. . .so i'm looking for ideas on what to tech him next. . .hes done a couple of obedience courses and i've taught him stuff at home. . . next we're gonna do agility! tonight i've taught him to 'crawl' it took like 5 minutes and he does it everytime!

he can sit, lay down, roll over, wait, stand, wave, shake hands, speak, come, go to bed, find ball. . .

one thing he dosnt do, an through no fault of his own, (its cos i dont know how to teach it) well he wont 'leave' either his tug toys or his ball. . .he just seems happier to be 'chased' for his stuff, an if you dont struggle to get stuff off him, he'll just hold onto it and walk with it! i cant understand him cos wen the ball is thrown for him he loves running an finding it, but then he wont give it back to me!! why cant he see it wud be more fun to drop it, so i can throw it again and he can run and find??!! aahhh!

i'm sure he knows what 'leave' means cos wen we've been in our yard training, i tell him leave, he'll drop it an get a treat. . .simple! but not wen we're out walking or in a field playing. . .he just refuses to 'leave'!

so any tips on getting around this would be good! thanks to those still reading i kno this was long!

thanks again vicky an ludo xx

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Vicky!

:welcome: to the Dog Trick Academy! :dogsmile:

Let me know if you have any questions.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome to the Academy Vicky! As Jean suggested, the videos should help you. =) Sounds like you two have been hard at work! Keep it up, and good luck with everything!