Hello from France

fly30

Experienced Member
My name is Myriam and my dog is a 10 months old female border collie called Fly. I'm French, and we live in the south of France. We practice agility, tricks, jogging, kitebuggying (yes, together with Fly !), and herding.

Looking forward to discovering this community

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Bonjour Myriam! Ca va? I'm french Canadian, welcome to the DTA! Sorry for the late introduction, I missed a bunch of new posts and I'm just catching up to them now...
What is Kitebuggying??

fly30

Experienced Member
Thank you ! My border collie loves more or less everything. She's always happy to do anything I may suggest. A I say those dogs are only limited by our imagination.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
P.S. How do you hold on to the kite and drive at the same time????? I guess you steer with your feet?

fly30

Experienced Member
Yes I steer with my feet. I hold the kite with my hands and it's bound to a harnest to make it more confortable. By the way we sometimes have a guy from Canada riding with us. He doesn't come very often due to the distance to France however.

As for Fly, I wanted her to stay quite with buggies. Border collies tend to run after anything in movement so I thought it would be safer to have her onboard and never let her run alongside the buggy. I didn't think she would learn so quickly. I suppose she finds it pleasant just to be with me.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video and good job editing it! I like the suitcase trick, did you try getting him to lay down in it? :) I also like the herding part!

fly30

Experienced Member
Thanks Jean. Well the suitcase trick is too complicated for the moment. Maybe Fly is too young to understand it. She can open it, she can lie in it but can't do both in a row. Maybe I'll make a video to explain what goes wrong and some people may have an idea on how to get it right. I'll try again in a few months anyway. Herding is great and so rewarding with a border collie. We'll be out herding at the end of next week again.