Hello From Finland

Dodge

:)hi and a warm welcome,hope you ll have fun on here,your avatar is so cute :love:brrrr,looks cold though,bet you get some freezing cold winters,looking forward to a chat and more pics of your gang (y)

ambara

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! (And yes, the winters are cold indeed.)

Lexy88, even I sometimes laugh at my ragtag pack :D Max and Rohan are rescues that were offered to me so that's part of why I can't seem to stick to one type of dog. Turns out I can't say no when someone calls me, saying they don't want their Dalmatian anymore and can I come pick it up? But it's great to have diversity, they are all such great dogs even if they are very different :love:

ambara

That seems like a broad question... basically they are all well trained, I live in the countryside and am able to spend lots of time with them to make sure they have all-around fulfilling life.
...And maybe I'm a little crazy?

abby_someone

I have a soft spot for Danes! She is such a beauty. Although your entire pack is awesome! They are all gorgeous. I think that if you were crazy you might have 10 or 15 more. LOL! Anyhow, welcome to the DTA, I will look forward to learning from you!

ambara

Yeah, I think someone might come for me if I had that many :D I love Danes too, I grew up with them and used to have another female, black girl called Ambara who was the most amazing dog I have had the honor of getting to know (so that's where my nick comes from). She was a true Great Dane. I don't think I'll be getting another one though, the health issues are just way too bad.

abby_someone

My Dane was almost 11. She had great health until like 5 days from the end when her nerves quit working for her hind end. She was on steroids to get her walking again when she suffered a blockage or intussusception of the small intestine. The lucky thing was that she was pain free! She was the most wonderful dog, I cry every time I see another Dane. I also cannot have another Dane. My heart can't handle the hurt. Instead, I got an Australian Shepherd.

Dose Max have blue fur? I love his curly coat.

ambara

Avallon's back legs are also starting to bother her, she has lost a lot of her muscles due to old age and she's gotten quite wobbly in the back. She also would have me believe she's lost her hearing, she just looks at the sky and walks away when I call her to come inside :D But I only need to whisper the word 'food' and she comes running so... I guess she thinks she's old enough to ignore curfew!

Max's color is a bit hard to define. Bouviers usually aren't very solid in color but have a mix of white, grey black etc. fur. Max is quite dark so in real life he looks black most of the time but some lighting turns him greyish. And the fur color also depends on the length of the fur, the longer the fur the darker he is. Hmmm--- I don't know if any of that makes any sense.... :oops:

abby_someone

Of course it makes sense! He just looks blue in the pic.

My dog had selective hearing at the end too. I really miss her :cry:. I always used the word "dogfood" to get her attention, in fact, I think she could spell that one! LOL