Hello everyone!

aloar

Wow, what a great site. I've been nosing around the site for a couple of weeks now. I've learned so much. I'm spoiled with a great dog, Pepper. She's a rottie/lab mix who turns two next month. Very smart and willing to please. She and I are working on Level 3.

We lost 2 dogs this year to health issues and a hamster to old age. It's been a tough one. We've got another canine on the way with the litter due this coming weekend. It'll be nice to have a puppy in the house again. All of our most recent dogs have been rescues between 8-10 months old. I feel like I missed out.

More later! I'm sure I'll be asking questions!!

yoyopoodle

Cool, I can't wait to learn more about Pepper and the new pup... I don't want this to come out wrong - I'm just curious - was Pepper a rescue or unplanned breeding, or...? I know there was a phase a few years ago in my area where 'Rottadors' were the breed to own... so sad when that happens as it's usually for the wrong reasons.

aloar

The puppies have arrived - this past Saturday. I will bring Pepper's new baby sister home in early April. Lots of reading to do. The pup is an Elkhound, my preferred breed. The challenge is worth it!