Hello Everyone!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by beccabuckle, Jul 8, 2008.

1. beccabuckle New Member

Hi Everyone!

My name is Rebecca. I'm 23 years old, and live with my boyfriend of three years and our beautiful- yet troublesome- 15 week old puppy, Lady. I'm a part-time dog trainer with just a mere year and a half under my belt.

I guess that's all... If any one has questions feel free to ask. If anyone has answers to our excessive barking and biting puppy, help would be amazing!

I look forward to meeting new people and learning new things.

2. szecsuani Experienced Member

Welcome to DTA! :)
  3. beccabuckle New Member

Thank you! I'm excited to be on such a cool website!
  4. Jean Cote Administrator

Welcome aboard! ;)
  5. beccabuckle New Member

Thank you! Your site is very awesome! ^___^
  6. boughtdaughter New Member

Hiya, I have a young pup too, she's 8 weeks old. She's getting barky and bitey when we play and she gets a bit carried away. I'm going for the timeout option of calmly putting her in the kitchen (where she's safe, but not in her crate) for a couple of minutes to calm down. I carry her in calmly without shouting so she doesn't see it as a place of punishment. She then comes out and we play some more. She comes out calmer, and I reward her calmness with fuss and play, but if she starts to get rough again she goes back in. We've only been doing this a couple of days, but I think she's getting the message that good girls get to play!

What breed is Lady? Welcome to the site (I've only just joined too)

Take care
    Pam & Karla
  7. beccabuckle New Member

We don't do time-outs, though that's something we will try. We usually ignore her for a few seconds until she quiet and then we start to play again. Same thing if she nips us during play.

Lady is a dachshund and today she's four months old. She's lost three teeth too. ^_____^
  8. good_doggie New Member

welcome to the academy beccabucle!
  9. good_doggie New Member

welcome to the academy!