Happy to be here!

aautumnc

Hi everyone! I have two dogs, Kodi is a 10 year old Pomeranian who I adopted from my sister last year, and one month ago we adopted a 3 month old Shih-Tzu named Kleo. I have never trained a dog before in my life, so when I decided to take on a puppy, I knew I would have a lot of learning to do.

I wanted to be the best parent I could be to her and do everything just right, so I checked out and read every book on dogs and puppy training that were available at my small town library, and soon realized that they all pretty much were the same book. I did however learn alot about teaching her the basics. She is so smart and is picking things up verry quickly! I am so proud of what we have accomplished so far! But those books didn't really go into detail about what to do when things don't go as planned. That is why I was so thrilled to have stumbled across this website! Raising a puppy is so much work, and it can be so overwhelming at times. It's good to know that there is somewhere I can turn to for advise. I have a million questions, I don't know where to start!

Anyways, this is such a fantastic website, and kudos to the creator and everyone who helps out. I'm sure I will be posting often, and if I ask too many questions feel free to give me the boot. LOL!!

achieve1dream

Experienced Member
Puppies

Welcome! And you can never ask too many question. I have had many dogs growing up although I have only had one dog that was "mine" so to speak. And after six years I feel like I am starting all over again too with my new puppy. Check out the puppy part of the forum. I have already found several things there that were helpful to me. And please do ask you questions. We are happy to help. Welcome to the forum!