Gypsy's Progress

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
So I just wanted to post about how far Gypsy has come already in the weeks that I've had her...

She almost has weaving through my legs down; still needs signaling for each leg but does it well!
She has completely blown me away with her stay. When I got her, this dog could not sit still long enough for the word to leave my mouth and get a treat to reward her. I've known toddlers with a better attention span than this dog; she's nuts! Lol. Anywho...
A few days ago, my friend had her little JRT mix(an insane little dog, a mini version of Zeke!) over and we had him and Gypsy in the field. Kedo was playing fetch and I was just working with Gypsy. Paying attention to anything with nutcase Kedo zooming around was astonishing, first of all, she did very well. Then I worked on her stays. On her best one(the last one, of course we ended here!) she held a stay for about 20 seconds, with me 60 feet away, and Kedo zooming around! As soon as I released her she got a huuuuuuge party. ^^ I was so surprised that she was able to control herself and focus so well. Such a fast learner!
I also learned that she is wonderful for baths, just loves them and is perfectly still for the whole thing.
And Weimaraners dry fast, what a wonderful trait. :ROFLMAO:

Today she's getting spayed. It's going to be tough keeping this crazy girl from over-exerting herself. :confused:

After her bath yesterday I did manage to get some pictures that weren't blurry from her moving, lol!

Attachments

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oh my goodness this dog is going to be the death of me. ><
I had to say how she was all groggy and sore and making me feel terrible for her....and then tonight Gypsy is back to herself, all CRAZY and making me pull my hair out because I'm freaking out every time she jumps and gets all excited. Least I know she's feeling good. But goodness I wish I could put her in a straight jacket to keep her from hurting herself! So worried about her. :confused:
I've never had a dog spayed before. Every female dog I've ever had has been a rescue or something and has been spayed before I got them....all the boys I've had have been much easier to manage after neutering.
Now why is it that I love the crazy ones again...?
LOL. :ROFLMAO:

ohSNAPCAKES

when we got my ex's dog spayed, the second day she was home she had to go back to the vet and get re-stitched. we ended up having to keep her kenneled most of the time for the first maybe week. she was a crazy hyper dog, and that was all we could do to keep her from hurting herself again.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Ugh great. >< I see that happening with Gypsy, she's a little nutcase. Thanks for the warning though.
The vet used self-absorbing stitches....? Not sure if they are any more likely to come loose than regular stitches...
Fortunately I'm taking vacation from work starting Thursday, so if she can make it through tomorrow I can spend the whole day with her Thursday and Friday making sure she isn't going bonkers and watching her like a hawk.

ohSNAPCAKES

Jaq's stitches were self-absorbing. I'm not sure if they're more likely or not. but yeah, watching her like a hawk is a good idea.