Guess who's back!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Well, temporarily I think. Lol. While I was gone, I had my County Stock Show and Zeke had his second birthday.
The stock show went okay...one of my lambs got stuck in a class with lambs that were 10-20 pounds heavier than him, so he didn't stand a chance even though he looked very good... My other lamb has a ways to go still, so he didn't do well either. One of my steers was in a tough class, but he got sixth out of twelve. The judge complimented me on my showmanship, which to me is more important than how high I place. My other steer got last...he's got a ways to go too. But anywho, it was good experience and all of my animals behaved very well. ^^ So, despite the fact that they didn't place as high as I would've liked them to, I'm still happy with how everything went. I still have the major shows, which are where the big money is. My first major is in two weeks, and I'll be taking one of my steers.
So anywho, hope I didn't miss anything too terribly interesting. Mud's been kinda bored because I haven't had much time to spend with her, but since I've got some time off we're going to work harder on a couple of things. ^^ I'm hoping that in the next few days we'll progress to getting my keys from a table, and improving our weave and off-leash heel. So, I'm back for a little while, and I'll get on when I can. =) Hope everyone's been good!

marieke

Hi, welcome back! Pitty you didn't end up higher but I agree with you showmanship and wellbehaved and trained animals are far more important. Who cares if the steer had 4 of 5 legs when it's ended up on someone's plate as a steak anyway ;) .

l_l_a

welcome back, and congratulations on receiving high compliments from the judge! and happy birthday to Zeke!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hey welcome back tx_cowgirl!!!!!

Ah well I bet it was fun anyways, even if you didn't get 1st prize. :D

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Yes indeed, very fun. ^^ Thanks everyone! Aw Marieke how cruel. xD True though. My poor steers. But at least I'm giving them a better life than most show people do. :dogblink: They're spoiled. Lol...I always spoil my show animals. Makes it harder to get rid of them at the end of show season, but at least I know they're well taken care of. :dogblush: