Guess The Breed--help Please!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by tx_cowgirl, May 5, 2012.

1. bondjessbond New Member

Hey I know you posted this well over a year ago, but I was searching (again!) cause it's killing me not knowing what kinda mutt I have & stumbled across this thread- she looks JUST like my dude, Swan! He's about 3?I live in philly, but my boyfriend was on tour w/his band and played a show in Houston and found my pup in the back of a junkyard - ended up coming home w/him, and we've had him since Jan 2010 - wanted to show you a few pics of him and see if you've gotten any more insight regarding what type of mutt they are - cause I think they're pretty closely related!

Our vet suggested he definitely felt that he's part chow chow, and possible mastiff/ pit, but I think he's definitely some sort of shepherd (from his behavior, he loves to watch other dogs play from far away until he's ready to 'sneak' up on them! he loves to herd our cat around the house too, lol)...Any input? Your Harley is ADORABLE! Cheers! - Jess

2. bondjessbond New Member

Oops! New to the site, thought my photo upload would work. Def think he's very closely related to your Harley, but not sure! Thoughts?
    swan1.jpg swan2.jpg swan1.jpg swan2.jpg
    threenorns likes this.
  3. threenorns Well-Known Member

wow - what *stunning* dogs!

honestly, i don't know why ppl harp on the "purebred" theme so much when you can get such fascinating results from mixing it up!
    brodys_mom likes this.
  4. sara Moderator

Bondjessbond, your dog definitely looks like some rotty in there. Possibly even 3/4. He looks very rotty. The brindle could be from alot of different breeds. But I dont really see another breed's characteristics in there
    brodys_mom, MaryK and threenorns like this.
  5. threenorns Well-Known Member

Dogster, brodys_mom and MaryK like this.
  6. MaryK Honored Member

Late on this thread! She's GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Don't see Heeler (I have a Heeler) but agree could well be Aussie/BC - she reminds me of Rakins, same lovely ears, coat and face and those EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

Hi BondJessBond, sorry for the late reply! I have another thread in the "Meet The Dogs" forum, her name is Harley. You can see more pics to compare there. :)
    I'm convinced Harley is part English Shepherd. She has the build, coat, personality, head shape, many characteristics of an English Shepherd. Your boy looks Rottie to me in his head shape and overall size. He reminds me very much of my late Rottie/Pit mix, Rusty!

I'll find some pics of Rusty and add them later. :) Your boy is very pretty!!
    southerngirl likes this.