Greetings from Canada

zoogal

Experienced Member
Hi, I live in Winnipeg Manitoba and train animals for film. I currently have 12 animals. You won't see me on here too much becasue there are too many chores to do but today I am sick so have time to say "hi"! I will try to upload my trickstars video which is a short video of the first trick class I did (mainly photos). I plan to do another one as we really had fun and all the dogs in the video have gotten jobs working on set now.
I use mainly operant conditioning for all of my training but like Bob Bailey says "get the behaviour" so i don't nessarily use shaping every time, I will throw in classical conditioning or "capture", whatever works.
My business partner is a behaviourist (CPDT). We both worked at the humane society together in the behaviour program so I can sometimes help in that area but I myself am not certified.
I'm here just to have some fun, get motivated (as it can be hard sometimes with this many animals!) I hope to always be learning and believe the moment you stop learning is the moment you start becoming unwise.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zoogal! :welcome: to the Academy! Wow 12 dogs?? That is a lot!!!! :dogsmile: I have my hands full with just two... :dogwink:

I will look forward to see your videos in the video gallery!

Jean

zoogal

Experienced Member
Sorry when I said 12 animals I didn't mean all dogs, I only have 6 dogs currently. Right now the rest are cats.