Great Site!

nvrgn

Hi All, just stumbled across this site and seems to have a lot of great information.

I currently live with six dogs - who all have special/different training needs. My oldest is a Boston Terrier whom I adopted last year at the age of 14; My youngest is an almost one year old lab-mix that I raised from the age of 5 weeks. He was left at a shelter as an orphan puppy.

Two of my dogs need more mental stimulation - so I'm looking foward to working with them some more other than with the basic sit, stay, down and wait.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
:welcome: aboard!!! I think there is plenty on this website to get you to challenge your dog mentally. :) Shaping is the best for that, try looking at the level 5 lessons. Many more lessons on this level are to be added soon!

zcoonhound

Hi Kat, love your signature!
Welcome to the academy. This site has lots of great training ideas and tricks that you can build upon. We found this site earlier this month, and have had a great time shaping the monthly challenge and dog trick.
I look forward to reading about the adventures of the muttley crew of hound haven!

nvrgn

Thanks for the welcome.
I started calling our home hound haven because of our three beagles
Aroooooooooooooh, dinner time is exciting time here. Now the trick will be to teach the 11 and 8 year old beagles to be calm before meal times - it is ear piercing with the arooooooooooohs.