Great Idea From Down Under

MaryK

Honored Member
Great idea! Are you able to buy just a lead? Ra Kismet only likes walking on a halti and lead, he doesn't like a harness. Which is best for a dog who is still getting over a bad trauma? Ra Kismet isn't aggressive and will make friends easily with other dogs, just is still a little reactive if they come head on, due to being attacked by a dog when we were out walking, so I wouldn't want to put a 'no dog' on him, maybe the caution would be better?

Dioritt

I saw a dog wearing one of those when Alf was a pup. I thought it was a great idea as I knew straight away not to let Alf approach it (he thought every dog he saw ought to be his new best friend).

I think 'caution' would be perfect for Ra Kismet, Mary.

MaryK

Honored Member
I saw a dog wearing one of those when Alf was a pup. I thought it was a great idea as I knew straight away not to let Alf approach it (he thought every dog he saw ought to be his new best friend).

I think 'caution' would be perfect for Ra Kismet, Mary.
That's my thought too but I don't want people around here to think he's 'vicious' which is what a lot immediately think the moment a dog doesn't behave perfectly - which a lot don't I may add. See others have asked if there is one for 'training' which would be grand.

Dioritt

.... See others have asked if there is one for 'training' which would be grand.
In Norway (I lived there for 18 years) they tie a yellow ribbon around the collar and lead of a dog that's in training. Most people know what it means and keep clear so as not to upset what's being taught. It would be a good idea to have a collar and lead that says "TRAINING", though. It can be so annoying when you're trying to get your dog to do a long stay, for example, and another dog goes charging up to it. Maybe a light coat type thing with 'training' on it would be better - more visible to all?