Great Danes

Discussion in 'Dog Breeds' started by blackdawg, Jul 7, 2010.

1. blackdawg New Member

I am suprised that no one has mentioned the great dane in this breed discussion. I think the great dane is a very lovable dog, they are known as the gentle giants. They are large but very lovable and frendly, and as a short hair dog they require very little maintenance.:dogcool:
    tigerlily46514 likes this.

2. charmedwolf Moderator

I actually have a new puppy that is a Great Dane. I love the breed but it isn't the main breed that people think of doing a bunch of tricks. Heck, people get a kick out of my Mastiff crawling or fetching.
  3. abby_someone Well-Known Member

I LOOOOVE the Great Dane!!! I am surprised that they are not better known for their tricks, there are few dog movies that do not have a well trained "trick" Dane.
  4. GEORGE'SDAD Well-Known Member

Mine is only half Dane but 100% Dane-goofyness!!!:ROFLMAO:
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  5. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

WELCOME!! Please post some pictures of your wonderful dog!! Who doesn't enjoy looking at a Great Dane!!??

Lol, i know George'sDad will be glad to see you here!!:ROFLMAO:
    Dogster and GEORGE'SDAD like this.
  6. Evie Experienced Member

I've seen youtube videos of a great dane and it's owner competiting in doggy dancing :)

That was pretty awesome. But yes, great breed, but not the breed people usually think of when thinking trick training.
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  7. GEORGE'SDAD Well-Known Member

Ye George's human voice would definately be like Doug's voice from the movie "Up"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Amd7aZeuGfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  8. Dogster Honored Member

9. GEORGE'SDAD Well-Known Member

or the looney toons abomidable snowman, "I will love him, and pet him, and call him George!"
    Dogster likes this.