Good Dog

sara

Staff member
Oka is so pretty, and I am just super smitten with Ollie. ^^
I love the BlackDog stuff!!! My next dog will be subjected to wearing this get-up and having his pictures posted on DTA. :p
Tee hee :LOL:

I'm wondering how everyone is getting on with the harness now that you've all had 'em a couple of weeks or so? Still working great?

Ollie's still doing fantastic with his, and there's no rubbing of his armpits, so I made a wise (but pricey) decision! LOL

I STILL have not got Scout's yet... the CPS went on a full blown strike, there is absolutely NO postal service right now at all... the government's getting involved, this BLOWS!!!

Lexy88

Mr Blade's walking in his harness has gradually gone back to what it was with a collar... pulling like a freight train. And because he pulls so hard, the D ring on his back and chest eventually slip around to the side by the end of the walk! And a few things I have also thought about is, even with my hand so close to his back on the lead, because he is so big - having the brake behind his shoulders means he is walking beside me with his hip near my leg - so very far forward. And I have adjusted the fit several times until it is tight enough [as it kept slipping] but now I wonder if the chest strap restricts any movement through the shoulder? And the chest strap also pulls the side straps into the armpit. And because he is so big, and so far forward, the the 'turning' only turns him one way - towards me, if a cat or dog or something interesting is on the other side of me, it is so easy for him to cross in front of me, and it is difficult to correct this behaviour and bring him back in beside me, on my left side.
In saying all that, the webbing used for the harness and lead is so nice and soft and strong, and I like the idea, I am persisting.:)

mewzard

Experienced Member
I will have to admit that I don't tend use the back clip. I clip my 2-end lead to Oka's collar and to the chest strap.... i find this prevents her "getting ahead"at there is less distance between the lead ends. My DP clips the chest strap to the collar with the lead...though i don't think this helps at all.
Is the back strap tight enough? I found that it had to be quite tight to stop the chest one pulling around....especially as Oka seems to have a VERY deep chest and the back strap would just slide forward when she pulled on it.
If Oka gets too far in front and i stand still and try to "tempt/direct" her back and it doesn't work....i walk backwards until she get to the right place then go on again.

mewzard

Experienced Member
I'm wondering how everyone is getting on with the harness now that you've all had 'em a couple of weeks or so? Still working great?
As i put above i don't find using the back link that effective with Oka. She didn't pull badly anyway and shes in a harness as it's more reassurance for me. I clip one end to the chest strap and the other to her collar.
The harness fits her alot better than the Easy walk, and it's feels much nicer. The lead is great and very useful. No armpit rubbing :)
I don't have to stop as often as i did before to lure her back to my side, so its still (y) from me!

sara

Staff member
Yeah, as you can see from my pics of Ollie, I dont use the back ring either, though I will be with Scout... if I ever get the harness!

Lexy88

Oh! I will try clipping the lead to the chest and Blade's collar and see how that works. Thanks!

bekah1001

Honored Member
i'm new to the whole head gear, harnesses, and double ended leads. But they look awesome and I really want to get them. Brody pulls and i never tried the halters