Good Dog

sara

Staff member
Just ordered Blade a green Black Dog Balance Harness and double ended lead. Super excited!!

Had a bit of a heart attack at the price in NZD but thats ok! Its almost my bday lol
oooooh Blade and Ollie will be matching!

mewzard

Experienced Member
Lexy - WOW!! Blade is BIG...Oka weighs in at around 33KG... thats about 72lb for the USAers. I'm 5"5ish and her ears are at my waist.
Duncans mum - there is a game i play with Oka. Its to practice 'heeling'. basically take your treats(or kibble) and just walk around the garden, when Duncan catches up to your leg give him a piece..he has to be just next to your leg not in front - i pick when Oka's front leg is inline with my leading/stepping leg. and keep walking if her gets ahead - don't give him any, turn and go another way. Build up the number of steps in between treat. This won't cure the pulling outside, but it gives a good game to practice on the street and i found it does help.
<>
OMG NEWS FLASH!!!
My harness just turnt up. Seriously seriously pleased! It feels so soft and comfortable, from the little amount of adjusting I've done it looks like it will fit her really nicely. Shame she's just come back from walk or i'd take her out in it right now!! Get a picture for you all later!

Ina

OMG NEWS FLASH!!!
My harness just turnt up. Seriously seriously pleased! It feels so soft and comfortable, from the little amount of adjusting I've done it looks like it will fit her really nicely. Shame she's just come back from walk or i'd take her out in it right now!! Get a picture for you all later!
GREAT! They are so fully adjustable. I had to move everything around a little bit because the belly buckle would have been under Smokeys armpit. It's sooooo easy to do. Have fun with it!

sara

Staff member
We need to get some pics goin' on! I'll get one this afternoon... for right now, I'm off to bed!

mewzard

Experienced Member
Ok not the greatest pictures!! I think it needs adjusting again, She has a really deep chest but it tapers away really quickly between her front legs, going to take a bit more fiddling i think. I'm very impressed so far, did a little walk round our cul-de-sac and she was very responsive after 2-3 mins. The lead is really comfortable to hold, even for my little hands!

Lexy88

oooooh Blade and Ollie will be matching!
Hehe green is my fav colour - all my dog and horse gear that can be coloured, is green :D

OMG NEWS FLASH!!!
Jealous! Super excited to get mine and try it out!! Btw, Oka is beautiful. Blade has sable colouring as well :)

Lexy88

Oh I love that green!! The red is so striking on Oka! But I had to match it all my other green stuff :D

mewzard

Experienced Member
Oliver looks super dapper in his green stuff! I was going to go with Purple but most of her other stuff is purple - i thought we'd have a change, also she is more visible to unsuspecting wildlife :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ina

i thought we'd have a change, also she is more visible to unsuspecting wildlife :LOL::ROFLMAO:
..hehe.. You can always add some bells and whistles.

I wish I could take a picture of Smokey with his gear. He's got a red one (yeah, a boy with a red collar). Whenever I put it on he goes ballistic - no chance of taking a quick photo. I will really make an effort tomorrow and post a pic.

mewzard

Experienced Member
..hehe.. You can always add some bells and whistles.

I wish I could take a picture of Smokey with his gear. He's got a red one (yeah, a boy with a red collar). Whenever I put it on he goes ballistic - no chance of taking a quick photo. I will really make an effort tomorrow and post a pic.
Hehe...bells and whistles!
I think of red as a boys colour! Oka's picture was taken after her walk as she's a lot calmer after!

Lexy88

Yippee!!! My Black Dog harness and lead arrived in the mail just now! Weather is absolute crud and I have a very soggy dog so will try it on later :D

Lexy88

Just had our first walk in our new harness with lead. Omg. Dont want to get my hopes up or anything.. but if we are walking like that consistently after a week, well... This maybe my new fav thing! (y)
Will get pics on Monday when I have my sister's camera :)

sara

Staff member
I'm really glad everyone likes the harness! I would feel really bad if I recommended it and it didn't work for everyone! I bought their wash bag too, as the green is really light and easily dirtied, it would need to be washed regularly. I didn't want the metal clips and rings wrecking my washing machine, and though I know a tied pillowcase would work just as well, I decided to spend the money for the loops that're inside it to keep it from knotting...

I've also bought a tracking lead too, as I really like the material.

I'm waiting on Scout's balance harness and lead, I was really hoping it would arrive before today, as we're doing the demo... but no such luck! The Canadian Postal service has decided to slow down services so they can all get raises (bloody Unions!!!)

I've now spent well over $200 CAD on their stuff!:eek: But I draw the line at collars... for now LOL I can find good collars here.

abby_someone

I'm waiting on Scout's balance harness and lead, I was really hoping it would arrive before today, as we're doing the demo... but no such luck! The Canadian Postal service has decided to slow down services so they can all get raises (bloody Unions!!!)

I've now spent well over $200 CAD on their stuff!:eek: But I draw the line at collars... for now LOL I can find good collars here.
I have heard that the fees on importing something into Canada are outrageous! Now you have to wait even longer??? What a pile of :poop:!:mad:

I think that the Black Dog brand is amazing! I am considering ordering one of the head halters for Kato :).

sara

Staff member
It depends on where I'm getting something from. IF I'm buying from the States or Britain, there's no added fees, but from Australia, I had to pay $15CAD just for Customs fees!!! It's a good thing my order was over $80AUD, and they dont charge Shipping!!!

The Canadian Dollar is so strong right now, though, it's not costing me alot more than it would cost Aussies (other than the shipping and customs fees) When I got the Balance Harness, Tracking Lead and Wash Bag, it came to $91AUD, and $93CAD So that's very helpful! And for the first time in my lifetime, (but has been off and on for the last year or 2) the Canadian Dollar is higher than the American Dollar, so it makes it VERY worthwhile ordering stuff online from the States.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oka is so pretty, and I am just super smitten with Ollie. ^^
I love the BlackDog stuff!!! My next dog will be subjected to wearing this get-up and having his pictures posted on DTA. :p