Golden Retriever

My-Dog-Tanner

The golden retriever (my favorite breed) is an intelligent and kind dog that is very eager to please everyone around him and his owner. It is highly popular in the United States and it makes an ideal guide/assistance, search/rescue and hunting dog.

The golden retriever has a beautiful golden coat and is very active and energetic, but he can adapt to almost any living conditions.

History:
The golden retriever breed originally came from the Scottish Highlands in the 1880s and was primarily used for help with hunting. With time, the breed was mixed with yellow retrievers and water spaniels in order to create a fantastic retriever suited to the Scottish climate.​

Personality:
Although they have a very loving personality, the golden retriever needs lots of attention and exercise daily. They love to go on walks and to swim. They highly fond the presence of humans but are not suited for people who do not have a lot of time to spend with them.​
Since they require lots of exercise, it is not advisable to get a golden retriever if you live in an apartment.​
Golden retrievers absolutely love to learn new tricks and skills. They make retrieving fun as you can play any type of retrieving game, such as Frisbee or long range tennis throws.​
They make great agility dogs too (for the ones who are into that!).​
But overall, their intelligence and willingness to please is what sets them apart from other breeds. They love children and they are quite forgiving of them (up to a certain point, common sense must always be used when having a child near a grown dog).​

Health:
Golden retrievers have a life expectancy of 10 to 15 years. But like many other breeds, they do suffer from common health problems such as “cataracts”, “entropion allergies”, “cancer” and “hip displaysia”.​

Summary:
If you are looking for a sweet, trusting, obedient and loving breed, then the golden retriever may be the perfect dog for you.​

Do you own a golden retriever? Let's all share more about this wonderful breed! Come on, I double-dare you to comment if you own one!

Anneke

Honored Member
:D Don't get me wrong... But Goldens are too slow for me;):D
Love them though. My friend has three of them. One was bred by her and she kept him to be her servicedog. Love their friendly nature.

bekah1001

Honored Member
I find they are perfect for my lifestyle. I can take them for a 45 minute walk and they are exhausted by the end of it.

androvjones

There isn't a better dog out there. They are lovely, brilliant and helpful to everyone. They are big however. When my son was 3 decades of age ours use to affect him over with his wagging end.

harrontrueman

They really like to go on walking and to move. They extremely attached to the use of individuals but are not matched for individuals who do not have a lot of time to invest with them. Since they need many work out, it is not recommended to get a fantastic retriever if you reside in an house.

Dragonkingdogtrainer13

The golden retriever (my favorite breed) is an intelligent and kind dog that is very eager to please everyone around him and his owner. It is highly popular in the United States and it makes an ideal guide/assistance, search/rescue and hunting dog.

The golden retriever has a beautiful golden coat and is very active and energetic, but he can adapt to almost any living conditions.

History:
The golden retriever breed originally came from the Scottish Highlands in the 1880s and was primarily used for help with hunting. With time, the breed was mixed with yellow retrievers and water spaniels in order to create a fantastic retriever suited to the Scottish climate.​

Personality:
Although they have a very loving personality, the golden retriever needs lots of attention and exercise daily. They love to go on walks and to swim. They highly fond the presence of humans but are not suited for people who do not have a lot of time to spend with them.​
Since they require lots of exercise, it is not advisable to get a golden retriever if you live in an apartment.​
Golden retrievers absolutely love to learn new tricks and skills. They make retrieving fun as you can play any type of retrieving game, such as Frisbee or long range tennis throws.​
They make great agility dogs too (for the ones who are into that!).​
But overall, their intelligence and willingness to please is what sets them apart from other breeds. They love children and they are quite forgiving of them (up to a certain point, common sense must always be used when having a child near a grown dog).​

Health:
Golden retrievers have a life expectancy of 10 to 15 years. But like many other breeds, they do suffer from common health problems such as “cataracts”, “entropion allergies”, “cancer” and “hip displaysia”.​

Summary:
If you are looking for a sweet, trusting, obedient and loving breed, then the golden retriever may be the perfect dog for you.​

Do you own a golden retriever? Let's all share more about this wonderful breed! Come on, I double-dare you to comment if you own one!
I love my golden Bear! He is soooooo sweet.