Fun Recall Games

Ina

Hi everyone.

I stumbled across this one for some fun recall games. Tried it at the park this afternoon and doggie just loves it.

Next I will have a go at sniffer games. Any idea how to start this? My pup get's easily distracted when we play fetch. If he can't find the right toy he will simply bring another one. I tried encouraging him to find the toy that I had tossed, but he doesn't give a care in the world about that. Maybe if I played that outside more where there are no other toys ??? (or clean up the house before play <groan>)

Has anyone got more ideas for fun games when going for a walk? Still limited to my 3m leash though as I don't trust Smokey to really come back if there is too much distraction going on and our park is really busy.

horsy

What brilliant ideas! Thanks for sharing that, I'm going to try that today on the field, have just tried it in the kitchen and Diesel enjoyed it. He's a very high drive dog and doesn't like to come back for food so much, but if he gets to CHASE the food I think it will be different!!

There is so much great stuff on youtube isn't there? Its unfortunate that you have to accidentally stumble across most of the good stuff amongst the piles and piles of rubbish LOL

Ina

Yeah, there are a couple of ünknowns"out on YouTube worth watching. MultiAnimalcrackers is real good with her dogs and she seems to do a bit of training videos as well.