formal-obedience videos - Denise Fenzi

xsara

Amazing, thank you for posting this! She is incredible!

Obedience competitions are the same here. Some people still doubt that clicker training works. But I think the situation is improving.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
That seventeen week video is, as you rightly say, outstanding. Maintaining the attention of a puppy can be tough, but she sure has that figured. :) Incredible videos. Bookmarked.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
hehe The trouble with these videos is that you end up looking at your own dog and your own training, wondering where you're going wrong.

cymbals

it's so great that Dog Trick Academy promotes positive training. I will have to watch this video. We were so fortunate to finder a trainer that embodies the positive training approach. It worked so much for us as owners as well

after adopting our dog from the "city pound/animal shelter" she was entirely untrained. On day 2 in our home I found a trainer and I knew nothing about training and entirely lucked into this wonderful lady who has been working with us ever since. Our Daisy didn't know basic commands and the trainer was laughing at not even getting a sit. She said "they are so sweet when they are oblivious". This set the tone for a very positive experience with our dog and it has helped my husband who is much more disciplinarian to find a positive approach with the dog as well.

Last night the trainer said that she's working with Daisy off leash finally. A year ago this would have been unheard of and they are working on distance commands. So I can't wait to get out and see what this is all about. It's all new to me and I am completely loving it. Although we don't use a clicker our Daisy has been entirely trained with the word "yes" and a fair bit of "oopsy" and "ok try again" LOL

xsara

cymbals;2150 said:
Last night the trainer said that she's working with Daisy off leash finally. A year ago this would have been unheard of and they are working on distance commands. So I can't wait to get out and see what this is all about.
I'm sorry I don't understand - why aren't you working with Daisy? I'm trying to understand how this method works ...