Filmed for Animal Planet Show!!!

yoyopoodle

Whoo- Hooo!! :msnparty::msnparty:

I didn't want to post about it before the fact because if something went wrong.... :msnshussh:

Last week I received a casting call looking for any/all breeds of dog, trained to go to a mark and stand/stay. The filming is for an Animal Planet show, and I think this will be their trailer(?). I'll let you guys know when I learn more.

The filming was in NY (a mere 166 miles away), but I arranged for Harmony to stay with a friend and Charlie and I made the trip yesterday. It was soooo cooooool!!!!! I think this is what I want to do for the rest of my life :LOL:

Most of the dogs were still working on basics (many were pretty young), but all were really nice. Charlie was one of a handful that was able to perform 'tricks' or otherwise novel things (drinking from a clear bowl place over the camera, for example).

We had an awesome time, and I can't wait to see how its put together on the show! :yipi:

I'll upload some photos later - I'm expecting an email from someone who took pics of Charlie and I on the set :)

zcoonhound

OMG that is so wonderful! You must be so proud of Charlie. I can't wait to see some of the pictures of the taping and of course the end project.

sarhaspups

Very cool! Congrats!! I also want to do stuff like this. So much fun!! Very exciting for you I'm sure. I can't wait to see the video! Keep us posted!!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations! One step closer to making your dog a super star!!!! :dogsmile: Let us know when it airs, we'll watch! :D

CollieMan

Experienced Member
How do we get Charlie's autograph. so that we can do the ol' "We knew him before he was famous, don't ya know...."

Congratulations. Very deserved, I'm sure. :)

luna may

Jean;7618 said:
Congratulations! One step closer to making your dog a super star!!!! :dogsmile: Let us know when it airs, we'll watch! :D
Yay for you both! Way to go!!! :yipi:

E

emmasmamma

Way cool! I just wish that I had cable TV so I could see it when it airs!:dogsad:

yoyopoodle

Yes, roll out the red carpet folks; here comes a celebrity!

Thanks everyone - I'll be sure to keep you posted.

emmasmamma;7644 said:
Way cool! I just wish that I had cable TV so I could see it when it airs!:dogsad:

.... Me too! I'm hoping that I can buy something (anything!!! lol) that shows him, but I have relatives that might be able to tape it. Or I'll arrange to visit someone with cable when I find out when it'll be on :D

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Congrats!!!!! :)
So when can we expect the Charlie paraphernalia to hit the shelves??? Lol! :D
That's such a wonderful opportunity! Can't wait to see the pics and everything.

brihanna

That is AWESOME!

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this might be the beginning of "something" (for a lack of better words) for you and Charlie.

yoyopoodle

goldencheddar;7716 said:
Did you and Charlie mention anything about.....us back here at the Dog Academy? :dogrolleyes:
Well... not while I was there - too much on my mind, lol. But I did email a link to the ones I have addresses for! It would be really cool if any of them join in :)

goldencheddar

Canon's Mom is a TV Star

I got my young dog from a breeding in Pittsburg and the bitch was in several commercials. When I went to pick up my puppy, I got to see them. They are really cute. I will see if I can get my hands on a copy and post them. I just wonder how some of the movies are made with dogs/cats. Lots of work!:dogblink:

yoyopoodle

I uploaded a short movie of Charlie - I took it at my place, but it shows some of the stuff he did for Animal Planet: