Females Fighting

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Most likely things will be much easier with a little boy, and good idea saving now to get him neutered asap. With Presious not spayed, you'd have litters of your own running around in no time.

Best place to intro him would be the Puppy forum. And I forgot who suggested it, but good advice before, if there's any way you can, take Presious and Max to meet him, maybe for a little visit, before he comes homes for good.

Sameeee

I will not be able to take Max and Presious to meet Baby Boy the lady that has him lives over 100 miles away. I have only talked to her on the phone and seen BB,s pics. she is going to send me pic's a few times a week to show me how he is doing. and when the time comes to bring BB home she is going to meet me 1/2 way. he will be have his puppy shots, wormed and vet checked before coming to live with us.
Max and Presious are not allowed in the same room Max jumps a lot when playing and not meaning to poked Presious;s eye with his dew claw and she had to have her eye removed. she is now my 1 eyed beauty.

Dogster

Honored Member
OMD that's not good.:confused: Are you sure about getting another pup??? More problems may appear. I don't think you would want to keep all of them separated...

I agree with jackienmutts. You should get at least one of them spayed/neutered.

Sameeee

I did say by the time he is old enough I will have the money saved to get Baby Boy fixed. and keeping Max and the my little ones apart will be no problem, it has been this way for over a year. Max gets his time and the little ones theirs, the lady I am getting BB from says he is layed back and calm. not like Sassy, she is hyper and demanding, so I think all will be good with him and Presious. by the way Max is going in for the big snip too.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Glad to hear your going to get BB and Max fixed:D If BB is calm than they should get along. If Precious growls or seems irritated, she is more than likely showing BB his boundaries not being aggressive.

Sameeee

Presious has never been aggressive, except when defending herself from Sassy, so if BB is calm and behaves himself I don't think there will be any problems.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Presious has never been aggressive, except when defending herself from Sassy, so if BB is calm and behaves himself I don't think there will be any problems.
I'm not saying that she is aggressive just saying that she may growl as in "hey don't bite me" or something like that(which is Not aggression.) :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Excellent suggestion Dogster(y) And yes, definitely have Precious and Max meet him before bringing him home.

MaryK

Honored Member
Most likely things will be much easier with a little boy, and good idea saving now to get him neutered asap. With Presious not spayed, you'd have litters of your own running around in no time.

Best place to intro him would be the Puppy forum. And I forgot who suggested it, but good advice before, if there's any way you can, take Presious and Max to meet him, maybe for a little visit, before he comes homes for good.
It was Dogster who made the suggestion, I agree good advice. Plus, definitely needs to be spayed, other wise there would be a population explosion:eek:

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm not saying that she is aggressive just saying that she may growl as in "hey don't bite me" or something like that(which is Not aggression.) :)
Absolutely right! But also, hoping for a puppy to be 'calm and quiet' I think Samee that's a little over optimistic, pups are not noted for being 'calm and quiet'. You'll need to start training from the word go! A puppy will want to play and play some more.

MaryK

Honored Member
OMD that's not good.:confused: Are you sure about getting another pup??? More problems may appear. I don't think you would want to keep all of them separated...

I agree with jackienmutts. You should get at least one of them spayed/neutered.
I agree with both of you, I do feel 'nervous' though about another puppy.:confused: Having to keep dogs separated is not the best for any of them.

Sameeee

Sassy took after the ? in her line. she was hyper and demanding, not like the Shih Tzu at all. thats what caused all the problems. Shih Tzu's are calm and layed back, when there is a puppy around Presious goes into momma mode. you should have seen her with Max at 8 weeks old. and he was bigger than her. she would give him baths and yes tell him to back off if he miss behaved. and he did. Sassy would not back off and Presious would tolerate Sassy and not get aggressive at all, she only started fighting back when she could not take being attacked anymore, yes puppies will play and play. there is a difference between play and being demanding, I think with BB's personality all will work out,
the reason we keep Max and the little ones apart is Max is so big and does not know his own strength. he thinks he is a puppy. and might hurt them not meaning to. all in all bringing BB into my home will be a good thing I do not forsee any of the problems I had with Sassy. now I could be wrong. but I will never know untill I try.

Dogster

Honored Member
I do hope it goes well. And I think it would be good if you worked on the issues with Precious and Max. You could introduce them when Max is calm, I suggest a lot of excercise, a good run or play at the dog park, a long walk, etc.:) If Max was tired, he probably wouldn't jump as much, or be as excited. He probably has too much bent up energy inside of him (he is, in fact a dog who needs a good daily workout)

Sameeee

you are right about Max he has to much energy, and only gets walked 1's a day. am working on getting our yard fenced so he can go out without being on a leash. then we can work some of that energy off

Sameeee

we live out in the country. we usta just let Max out untill dogs from up the road came on our place and attacked Max. untill we get our yard fenced he only goes out on a leash. it is unfare that he can't go out as he usta