Ellie TV - Part Three

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Video shows Ellie performing one of her staple tricks - shut the door, and one of her newer ones -- "In yer tin", where she opens the door to her crate and goes into it.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdrcqG8TLo[/MEDIA]
Enjoy...

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Nice videos!!!! I'm suprised the noise that is made when the door is closed doesn't scare her off. :) I like the second trick the best, hehehehe.

P.S. Have you ever thought of teaching her to use her nose instead of her paws on your door ... might prevent lots of scratches. :dogsmile:

But excellent job on the videos!!! And I see that camera was an excellent purchase!!!! hehehe

CollieMan

Experienced Member
I started her with the nose for closing the door, but call me an old softie, I didn't like seeing her nose get perpetually pressed against a solid door, esp when she gets really excited and closes the door like a rocket. So I decided to use the paws instead.

The door doesn't get scratched because her claws are regularly clipped. At least it hasn't got scratched thus far.

Loving the camera, though I'm only using it on "Easy" mode at the moment, so it does all the work for me. My new 61" tripod should be arriving on or before Monday. That will make a huge difference to me.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe nice... :) Welcome to the club. I assume you got an Handycam also? I got the best I could afford at the time and it worked out pretty good. :dogsmile: Nice editing also!!! hehe

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Yeah, I got the handy-cam on your recommendation. So if it turned out to be rubbish, I could blame you! :)

Handycam DCR-HC37E

Seems to be perfectly fine for our needs. We got it on a special offer that happened to be running at the time. A quite decent 40x optical zoom, and a handy "Nightspot Plus" for recording at night. Er, not that I do much recording at night....

luna may

Say, CollieMan, how much time a day do you spend with Ellie?
You two are awsome- how in the world did you teach her to do that???

CollieMan

Experienced Member
luna may;2692 said:
Say, CollieMan, how much time a day do you spend with Ellie?
I am physically with her each day, as I am lucky enough to work from home. Though the time I spend *with* her isn't as much as you might think. We train/play each morning, in the local park, for about forty-five minutes. Then we'll come home and we usually do some trick training indoors, for about ten minutes.

Then we repeat the same in the late afternoon, though she will have two trick training sessions in the evening as that is when she is at her most active, and so we need to spend that energy.

I resent only having two walks per day, but the daylight hours are too short to make three practical at the moment. But, I'm like a child waiting for Christmas at the moment, counting the extra minutes that it remains daylight each day. :) I can't wait to be out there even more.

You two are awsome- how in the world did you teach her to do that???
Thanks. She's the awesome one though. She just is that 'dog in a million' that I always wanted. I'm immensely proud of her. As long as I respect her timid personality, she's happy to perform. I sometimes think I expect too much of her too soon, and I have to constantly check myself for that. But then, quantity is mostly relative to the dog in my view, not the age. You need only look at what Sylvia Trkman's dog, Bu, was accomplishing at eleven months to appreciate that.

When I want to see truly awesome, I look at the likes of Sylvia Trkman, and our own xsara, and I'm in complete awe. Have you seen their videos? They are both at a level that I can only dream about right now. It is they who constantly inspire me to improve, not only my methods, but also my relationship with Ellie. Not only can their dogs perform, but they perform with such an unrivalled natural approach, and you can physically see them loving every second of it.

xsara, Don't ever get your own website, as I'll just chew up your bandwidth in no time at all, watching those videos. :)

I can't really explain how I got Ellie to open the crate for herself, so this weekend I shall get her to open another door using the same approach, so you'll be able to see. She learned to open the crate in about fifteen minutes, so we'll see how she does with another door. I'll record it without editing so it should be more helpful.