Ellie TV - Episode Four

CollieMan

Experienced Member
In this episode....

It's a mixed bag single training session that took place this evening. It includes:

Remote Retrieval (She's now sitting to present it. Hoorah!)
Up (Climb on my back.)
Hug (Jump into my arms.)
Kiss
Shake (Paw)
Precision Stool Work
Touch (Hand and Touch Stick)

It pretty much represents a typical evening session for us. I like to mix things up quite a bit to keep things interesting for both of us. The only editing in the video is to add captions and titles. Aside from that, it's warts and all.

The stool is an invaluable part of our regime, particularly for teaching her to "stand". Without the stool, she can tend to move forward towards me, so I'm using the stool for the groundwork.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhxfYjuIbhE[/MEDIA]

l_l_a

very nice video, Ellie is so agile! I like how her ears stand up when she has them forward! :)

CollieMan

Experienced Member
hehe She has wild ears. One bends over, while the other is erect, and I swear she doesn't realise that she has control over them. :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Nice videos!! :) I like the walk on your back - did you need help when you first started teaching it, ie luring her onto your back? All those tricks would be awesome to be added on the website - seems like I got a lot of work to do.. lol

CollieMan

Experienced Member
I started by laying on the floor on my belly, and then yes, lured her onto me. I then just kept increasing the height, bit by bit.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Nice vid, once again, CollieMan. ^^ Mud's ears are like that. One's always less erect than the other, usually flopped over kinda. Keep up the good work!

hockey390

Very good CollieMan, Ellie sure does love to get that remote! I was most impressed when you got her to close the door while she was thinking about the remote. Very very good work there.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Really really good work CollieMan!
I think I'll start teaching this 'jump on my back' thing soon...:dogsmile:

CollieMan

Experienced Member
I was most impressed when you got her to close the door while she was thinking about the remote.
Yeah. I just like to make sure that she's really listening from time to time. Like most dogs, when she's doing well, and getting fed, she can tend to go into 'auto-pilot'.

I think I'll start teaching this 'jump on my back' thing soon
Just start laying down with your belly on the floor, and treat her over your shoulder. Then, just slowly increase your height from session to session.