Ellie and Barney, sitting on a tree....

CollieMan

Experienced Member
The weather is cheering up a little here in the UK and so it's time for me to get busy with the camera again...

I finally managed to get Barney to sit still long enough to take a photo this morning. He's a black Labrador that I am home-boarding for a couple of weeks. To say the home-boarding is taking-off now would be a bit of an understatement. Still, if nothing else, you sure get to learn a lot about canine-interaction and behaviour having a different dogs running around your house almost every week. I hghly recommend it!

And here's me from a photo taken yesterday!

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Great pictures!

I would be really interested in home-boarding, but I have a mom and her husband, who wouldn't like it too much.... :D

CollieMan

Experienced Member
hehe Yes, that could be a problem. I suppose sneaking the dogs straight into your bedroom without them knowing might prove a little tricky too. :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Barney's cute. ^^ I personally want to foster, but not enough time, money, or house for that right now, lol!

brenda taulbee

I would also love to foster, but renting makes that nearly impossible. Well, renting/school/work/rugby. I'm surprised I even have time for my own pup. But maybe someday...

sara

Staff member
I foster, I LOVE it, BUT I only foster when I know that I can make room in my life for another dog.... I have a tendency to keep them LOL Fostering is very rewarding, so is transporting, rescuing, vaccinating and fundraising.... that is where I focus alot of my energy on within our rescue. we have a number of foster homes, but very few people willing to put in the time for the less desirable aspects of rescuing.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Not sure I could foster. Aside from not getting paid for it, I got Ellie from a fosterer, and so I know how hard it is to give a dog away when you may have been fostering them for many weeks at a time.

snooks

Experienced Member
Very nice pics..of all three of u. You are fortunate indeed to be able to home board. I bet you have many happy clients for life after they see how wonderful you are with dogs.

My concern before fostering of letting go was the same. I found after fostering that it was quite easy to do because I had a say and vote on where my baby went. That feeling when they left for their forever home was one of the top ten in the world. I cried but very very happy tears for giving a second chance when death was the alternative.

There are so many more that need fosters too that I didn't have the problem of wanting to keep them. I guess everyone is different. I do find it important for me not to burn out and take on too many as some organizations ask. They are so overloaded often they don't place enough attention on keeping around foster homes over a longer time therefore helping more dogs. Sort of off track a little but it is a great feeling for me so I tend to get all mushy.
:dogtongue2: