Ella's Lead (picture Heavy)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
It sounds...likes a complicated system Sara!

But I will keep it in mind for the future, if I wind up with another dog with similar issues I would certainly try it. (although it would be nice to get a non-reactive, non-DA dog...but I'm not holding my breath! :LOL:)

When I used the prong...Veronica didn't even notice she had it on and lunged at dogs anyway. A mild correction was like a fly buzzing around her head; and I didn't want to give her a harsh correction...so when I needed something for more control, the sense-ation harness worked wonders. I used it pretty consistently for a couple of years.

Thank goodness Veronica's is now able to be managed with just the 1 3/4 flat buckle collar (because...I think it's more stylish :D !!!). Although that is a pretty hot little number you have Oliver in as well!!!

sara

Staff member
It isn't that difficult, but Oliver is a very dangerous dog, and I need as much control as I can get. Dogs like Oliver aren't for everyone, that's for sure, but this is the most controlled, and safest way to walk Oliver. I Muzzle him as well, if we're walking somewhere that I cant see what's around the corner, and keep him away from everything.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Oliver is lucky that he has you to help him negotiate the world and stay out of trouble!!!

BTW...I have never heard of a Texas Terrier before and I tried googling without much luck...is it a rare breed or sort of local slang?

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
//Nope. He's a terrier x from Texas LOL//

:LOL:
I thought you had me stumped!!

I like Texas Terrier; it sounds very official and mysterious at the same time. :D

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Thanks for this link, Jazzy. I don't use or wear leather but they have a 'vegan' option too, and their collars are really gorgeous. Their leads seem very sturdy as well, and I like the "back up" option for people who want to hook a lead to the collar and the harness. Of course, mom-and-pop company status, rescued pitty company, these are all extra bonuses! Thank you for posting the link!

Adrianna (who wishes she had more $ for these things!) & Calvin (who says, I might look cute in the royal blue McSorley, mommy!)

MaryK

Honored Member
Love the new collar Jazzy. Veronica is SUCH a cutie:) Poor Ra Kismet is feeling 'neglected', he's just got two collars - one does flash though so people can see him at night. The other is a plain blue one, for 'everyday' wear. Oh I feel so mean:notworthy: When he's completely stopped biting at his lead, I'll have to buy him something really cool:D

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
//Adrianna (who wishes she had more $ for these things!) & Calvin (who says, I might look cute in the royal blue McSorley, mommy!)//

Yes, I have to agree Calvin would be a heartbreaker in the royal blue!! I don't have any of their vegan collars yet but I have heard they are good quality and very durable, as are their rope leads. I've been buying from them for the past 5 years and they are very reputable and reliable and I know ALLOT of other pit bull owners who buy from them as well - I can't recall ever hearing that anyone was ever dissatisfied in either quality of product or customer service.

Thank you MaryK! I don't know how the collars became such a fetish! It used to be clothes and shoes. :p

Dogster

Honored Member
Okay, since this thread is about collars....

I got Shivon 2 new collars:whistle: An agility collar, and the other one was half off. Now she has five... she's no spoilt, honest...:whistle:

Pictures to come soon...:)

Dogster

Honored Member
Okay, here's my collection (so far, LOL:cautious::D)

The first 3 are from Bonzai Gifts. If anyone's looking to spoil your dog, I recommend her.(y):LOL:
IMG_3187.JPG

Leashes (the last 2 I made myself, for agility)
IMG_3190.JPG

Dogster

Honored Member
I took 3 pieces of fleece (10-15 cm wide, 1.5 metres long) and braided it as tight as I could. Now I just have to sew the ends.:) It's like making a tug toy, but longer.