Dragon Optical Illusion

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Neat little thing I just found on the web, it's a print out of a dragon and once you assemble it, it make it seem like the dragon is moving his head as you change angles.

I haven't tried it, but it looks great in the video!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzsOo83gTc[/media]

Get the PDF file.

l_l_a

I've seen the dragon one before, in fact a couple years ago I had printed out the exact same one and set it up in my office, and it's been there ever since. It has amused numerous colleagues and clients! at first it took me a really long time to 'get it', now I still have to close one eye to see it but it never ceases to amaze me! It's called the "folded face".

Recently I was in an art gallery where an artist had a huge oil painting that spanned the whole wall of the gallery, the painting was of a street scene but was also three-dimensional (the painting was on wood that jutted out at various parts). So when you walked by the painting and looked at it, it looked like the view down the streets were changing as if you really were there in person, it was very cool! I wish I knew the artist's name so I could look it up now.