Domino Learns With Fly

fly30

Experienced Member
Domino is Fly's best friend. He is a cocker spaniel (quite small though) and is used to doing more or less what he wants at home. He's brought up with a lot of love but his education is more or less non existent. Fly and Domino play together everyday and are really good friends.
Today, his mistress is away and I'm looking after him at home. It's the first time he comes here and I discovered my naughty Fly who will not let him do anything nor go anywhere in the house and garden. She's behind him and everytime he approaches something or someone, she jumps at him. Poor boy :) So I though I could teach him to sit with Fly's complicity. He did very well and understood straight away, despite Fly's naughty behaviour.
Enjoy !
http://youtu.be/bf1VJ1FENXs

Ina

Poor Fly - couldn't understand why Domino get's so much attention for doing a lousy sit when he is doing all these other things :mad:
But that little Cocker Spaniel is so eager to please - cute. He looks a bit like Smokey (who should be renamed to Shadow because he follows me everywhere - even into the shower although he hates water). And I love his short stubby little feet ;)

fly30

Experienced Member
Smockey really looks like Domino.

Now the tension has gone down, they have played together this afternoon.

sara

Staff member
Try working with 5! I learned very quickly that a solid stay is important with multiple dogs! LOL

Domino is very cute! And Fly is too funny!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
<------ (humbled)

i mean *I* AM humbled, not my dog!! ha ha!!

but this thread reminds me, i do need to work on "stay" with more distractions, i keep forgetting to up the ante on that one....

fly30

Experienced Member
Sara, I can't imagine myself working with five dogs ! You are certainly doing a good job with them to stay quite while one of them is working, well done !

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
LOL cute Fly.
"But look at me, look at all the cute things I can do! I'm SOOO much more interesting than him doing a boring sit! You can't have my treats!"

Excellent use of your tone of voice; calm and cooing to Fly, and happy and enthusiastic with Domino; and going to Fly once in a while to let her accomplish something. :) Well done.

fly30

Experienced Member
Thank you tx_cowgirl. You really caught the ambiance. Fly was offering everything she could lol ! I'm not sure I was too good, anyway it was fun. And Domino learnt something and Fly learnt how to control herself a bit in such a difficult new situation. Domino did not dare approaching too much because of her, but they are really different when they go for a walk together, I'll have to film their games, they are completely mad !

fly30

Experienced Member
Thank you. I love it when they play like this. They never argue, never bite, just fun and friendship :)