Doggy Birthday Cake

DogoftheCentury

For Kobe's third birthday I decided to make him a cake (: It took no time at all and he and his friends loved it! Greta, the chihuahua who had an attitude at the time, actually growled at the other dogs when they came near her piece of cake. I found the honey was optional, if you just added a little more oil. The cake became easy to shape with my hands because of the peanut butter, and I made it into a bone shape

• 1 cup flour
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots. Alternate icing idea: Mix yogurt powder, egg whites, and water to a spreadable consistency. Smooth over cake and allow to dry. Press sesame seeds colored with food coloring onto sides of cake.

I didn't ice it, but instead mixed some dog cookies I found in the pantry with extra carrots and peanut butter. It took a long time to cool, and Kobe being the smart and impatient little terrier, kept telling me to hurry up :p Here are some pictures!

Enjoy and "Bone Appetit" ;)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!! WHAT AWESOME PHOTOS!!
and what adorable dogs!!!!

That is soooooooooo sweet you made a cake for your dog!! ha ha, it's pretty darn obvious how much YOU love your dogs!! :ROFLMAO::love:
Yeap, it looks like your dog had one very happy happy birthday!!!

One thing you may want to consider, if you do decide to begin baking for your dog very often,
is,
dogs don't need flour, baking soda, honey, or more than a dab of vegetable oil, who knew?
But every now and then, no harm done---it WAS his birthday after all!!!
and it looks like a really FUN birthday, too!!:ROFLMAO:

did he get presents, too?? did the dog unwrap his own presents?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
btw, i love your screen name, "DogOfTheCentury" !!!:LOL:
feel free to post more photos of those cute cute dogs, so we can see them better, such neat markings on that terrier!!!