Dog Your Dog Fake It?

Honored Member
Our old Cavalier, Kiefer, did. It was soo funny.
He would especially do it if it was time for bed, he slept in a crate. Although he did love his crate, if he was on the couch he would pretend to be asleep so that someone would have to pick him up to take him for a last trip outside before going in the crate.
The more you told him to wake up and go outside the more his tail would wag :LOL: sometimes he couldn't help but open his eyes a little :ROFLMAO: then his tail would wag so much we were afraid he would take off across the room. He was a very sweet and funny boy.

Holly doesn't wag her tail very much so she can't do this.

Evie

Experienced Member
LOL! That's so funny!

No, Evie doesn't fake it. We're extremely lucky here if we can get up without her getting up.... The moment we make any movement towards getting up out of where ever it may be that we are, she pokes her head up and watches us closely to see if we're going anywhere.....

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
:D Yes Veronica fakes it.

She fakes it when she is lying down and you are talking about her and she is deciding whether or not she likes what you're saying so she knows if she should jump up and get excited like if you are saying you are going out or offering her a bully stick or if she could continue to pretend to be sleeping and hope you go away in the event you are talking about a bath or cleaning her ears.

You can tell because her eyebrows and forehead muscles twitch and every once in awhile an eye slits open.

MaryK

Honored Member
So funny all the stories about doggies faking it.:D

Leaf fakes a little, like if she's asleep and it's time to get up, nope she's not a CAC (Canine Alarm Clock), she pretends to be still fast asleep, but the little 'twitch' of the eye lids give her away!:D

brody_smom

Experienced Member
LOL! That's so funny!

No, Evie doesn't fake it. We're extremely lucky here if we can get up without her getting up.... The moment we make any movement towards getting up out of where ever it may be that we are, she pokes her head up and watches us closely to see if we're going anywhere.....
This is Brody exactly. I have tried getting up very slowly and quietly so as not to disturb him, but he always notices, no matter how quiet. Total velcro dog. Follows me into the bathroom too.

southerngirl

Honored Member
This is Brody exactly. I have tried getting up very slowly and quietly so as not to disturb him, but he always notices, no matter how quiet. Total velcro dog. Follows me into the bathroom too.
Missy is also like that. On school mornings I try to get ready without waking her up, but it doesn't work. She will sit outside my bathroom while I'm in it. I don't let her in there because, it's too small.

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL seems like I'm one of the lucky ones, I have to actually wake both Leaf and Zeus, otherwise they'd still be asleep at mid-day!:sleep::whistle::rolleyes: