Dog backpack

Discussion in 'Dog Products' started by hockey390, Apr 25, 2008.

1. hockey390 New Member

I am in the market for a backpack for my dog for when we go backpacking. I am looking for something to hold probably 4 days worth of food (15-20 cups), bowls (collapsible) leash, water.. etc.
    Any suggestions? opinions on backpacks that have been used would be awesome.
    In case there is any question here, it would be a pack for the dog to wear, not me =)

2. zcoonhound Well-Known Member

Check with Dog Scouts of America
    They have a backpacking badge that dogs can earn, so I am sure they would have a wealth of informtion about the best packs to use.
  3. montsterdog Well-Known Member

You might want to try on different packs on your dog just to find one that fits well. We ended up getting a Kelty pack for our dog because it was very adjustable.

There are bunch of reviews on this site: backpack&x=15&y=6

I would make a sure the pack has a handle so you can easily assist your dog through tough spots on your trail or they can give you extra support if needed... ;)
  4. night watch New Member

Mountainsmith Dog Pack 2

We have the pack listed in the title its the perfect size and highly adjustable with padding sleeves over the straps for comfort. Great for hiking and good bang for the buck! Appearently I cant put a link in the forum yet just type mountainsmith dog pack 2 in the search bar!:dogangry:
  5. night watch New Member