Do you own a camcorder? (To videotape your dog)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
The reason I am asking this, is because all of our monthly challenges require participants to submit a video entry of their dog performing the dog trick. I would certainly like to know the percentage of the Academy's members actually have a camcorder that they can videotape their dog with.

Thank you! :dogsmile:

storm22

Experienced Member
i also use my normal camera it has a video part on it too its an all in one kinda thing its also easier to edit on my computer

l_l_a

I've also been using my regular digital camera (which is actually quite old now) that can also do video. However the drawback is that the resolution is not as good, and also videos are limited to 3 minutes at a time after which it shuts off and you have to reset.

leema

I have a Digital Camera that allows me to record, but no camcorder. Or did you just mean 'something we can record video with'?

heidib860

I don't have a camcorder but I do have a digital camera that I think allows me to do videos. I will have to check it out. Not sure how to use the camera or post the videos but I'll definately have to see what I can do about that especially seeing that I want to start doing the monthly challenges as soon as me and Max are able to.

E

emmasmamma

Like the others, I don't have a digital cam corder, but I have a digital camera with video capability. I also have dial-up internet, but if I keep the files small, I can manage to send the videos in a reasonable amount of time.

daisy

I also have a digital camera with video capability...also have dial up internet, so downloading video is sooooo slooooow that I never get to look at the videos. Not enough patience for that.

hivin

Camcorder

No I don't own a camcorder but I'm considering getting one. My digital camera will allow approx 15 sec. of video but that wouldn't be sufficient for this.

Take care all: Hivin

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
15 seconds should be plenty to show us your dog performing the trick. :) It would be good to work with in the Monthly Dog Training Challenges. :)

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Own one? My hand seems to be forming a natural camcorder shape, I hold it that much! :) Couldn't be without it now. I take it everywhere, as well as my camera. You just never know when it will be useful.