Dinner for One...

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Giving me a new camera is like giving a child unlimited access to a sweet shop (candy store). It's mad, bad, and very dangerous...

We've been experimenting with black and white for the past couple of days now. Here's some results:

The service in this establishment is terrible...

My thanks, of course, must go to my super-star dog, Ellie, who has patience of a saint when it comes to my photography indulgences. I'm now going to try aiming for an Ellie photo theme each week for a year. Gives me good practise, and increases her already amazing patience further still.

dat123

Experienced Member
Gee I thought my dogs were spoit. Ellie gets a plate, knife and fork !!!!

I love the portrait shot of Ellie, was that a quick point and shoot or did you have to get her set up ?

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Gee I thought my dogs were spoit. Ellie gets a plate, knife and fork !!!!
hehe And she would still demand more if that really was the case! :)

The portrait shot was the luckiest shot that I think I'll ever get. On the very day that I got the camera, I discovered the close-up feature as I was laying on her bed with her. I just pointed it around randomly to see how good it was really, and that was the result.

sarhaspups

I just love the close up of Ellie, just beautiful! Thanks for sharing, they are all good pictures.... do you want to come shoot my dogs for me? :)

storm22

Experienced Member
great photos collieman, i love when you just get a good photo by chance it makes it that much more rewarding

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Great photos - everyone who has a Digital SLR seems to turn out the most amazing pictures - can't do that with my little digital - I always just miss the best moment!

Sue

CollieMan

Experienced Member
jasperaliceuk;9372 said:
Great photos - everyone who has a Digital SLR seems to turn out the most amazing pictures - can't do that with my little digital - I always just miss the best moment!
Thanks. Mine isn't a Digital SLR either. Because I don't believe that I'm technically proficient enough to yet make the most of DSLR, I went for what is commonly now being called a "Bridge" camera. It's in between the 'point and click' and the DSLR. I chose this one because of the 18x optical zoom, but there are many similar cameras available that allow you to use the features of a DSLR (shutter speed, ISO, aperture, etc.) but resort to 'point and click' when you feel like it.

It's giving me the opportunity to learn how the aperture, depth of field, shutter speed, and exposure work before I take the full plunge to a DSLR.

storm22

Experienced Member
damn flea it soo itchy

just a photo i took today of storm i really like his colouring even though he really needs a bath