Different Version Of Play Dead

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks' started by Ina, May 16, 2011.

1. Ina Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

found a different version of "Play dead". Looks VERY funny :D

I am just curious how you can teach a dog this trick .. been thinking and thinking but cannot come up with an idea where to start. Any ideas ???
    mewzard, Dodge, Jean and 1 other person like this.

2. running_dog Honored Member

That looks really funny :)

Couldn't you just hold a dog in your arms and lure it's head down until it looked right in terms of position and was holding itself completely still for a while? Maybe train in front of a mirror to make sure to fix the right look?
  3. charmedwolf Moderator

Some dogs naturally do this if you hold them long enough and they're tired. I bet you can ask the dog to grab its tail to, to get the same effect.
  4. lyka_01 Well-Known Member

Funny!:D Thanks for sharing this video!
    .............................................................................................................................................................
    Dog Crates, Pet Crates. 30% OFF & FREE Shipping on Pet Crates and Dog Crates
  5. Dodge Well-Known Member

:D I had to giggle at him looking up for the treat,how cuuuuute :LOL:
    (somehow I think I would never be able to do this one with my boy,he s to bleedn' heavy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
  6. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

7. alcastive Well-Known Member

This is cool now how to train this lol ?
    Dodge likes this.
  8. mewzard Experienced Member

So funny!! maybe sit on someing and put a treat lower than them so they lean down to get it? the clicking would have to be very precise though.
    :LOL: at the ought of trying this with Oka, or Blade for that matter!!!
    Dodge and Lexy88 like this.
  9. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

Hahaha oh gawd Blade would just LOVE the idea :ROFLMAO: shhh dont tell him.
    Dodge and mewzard like this.