Differences In 4 Common Clickers Video

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Great idea for a video, only i could only hear your song, but, great idea!!
Me too.
I was hoping to hear what the different styles of clickers sounded like and what the pros/cons of each type are.

I have only used the first ones on the left; which seem like the most generic/basic; and am wondering if I shouldn't try one of the other styles...

SD&B

Experienced Member
I was looking forward to this video. I hope you repost at a later time. It sounds interesting.

huntyr

ohhh I am gonna go look for the little quieter clicker.
I hadnt used a clicker since he was a puppy (now 6).
But with the new trick training I thought it would be easier.
but he shied away (he hates thunder and fireworks).
I wonder if the quieter one would allow me to use it, as it is easier
to mark the right behavior quicker.

SD&B

Experienced Member
The iclick is very different than than knockoff then, it's extremely easy to click and quiet compared to alot of clickers, and it's easily muffled :)
I agree. The real iclick itself is very easy to click. I click it with my toes, my knee, inside a pocket pressing from the outside, whatever. I have some ripoffs and they tend to vary from the real iclick, even though I can still click mine with different body parts.

Pawbla

Experienced Member
I need a box clicker! They seem pretty cool for training with cars and everything. The Starmark is just "good enough" for a park, but I'm not sure if it'd be that good for a busy street or something like that.

My Starmark is louder than my i-clicks. That's weird. Maybe because the knockoff thing, but not sure.

MaryK

Honored Member
The iclick is very different than than knockoff then, it's extremely easy to click and quiet compared to alot of clickers, and it's easily muffled :)
Found the same thing Sara, could only get iclick on e-bay Australia. Found it easy to click, quiet and easy to handle in general:) Plus the wrist strap is very useful when out walking, especially when I have to go into over drive click/treat.

Thank you Pawtential Unleashed for the video and I do love the insect clicker:)(y)

Mutt

Experienced Member
I have a multi clicker (didn't really search for it at the time, but I very happy with it and it came with a targetstick).
With this clicker you can adjust the Volume of the sound. So for tricks close to the dog I use a soft sound and for distance tricks I use a harder sound. And the wrist wrap is also very nice