Detailed Clicker Training Video To Switch The Light On

LMSunshine

Now if only I could teach them how to fold my laundry... or perhaps I must use a clicker on my husband since he's the proud owner of opposable thumbs ;)

But that's fascinating. I love clicker training. I have used it on my boys- my clicker mysteriously has disappeared so I have to go buy a new one tonight so I can start training lms. I plan on getting her into schutzhund eventually.

JoAnne

Great video!!! And what a fantastic way for peeps to understand when to click at the right time (y)
Very clever indeed,well done ))BIG THUMBS UP!!!((:love:
That was very inspiring indeed. Ash has been doing quite well; I babysat a Sheltie for a few days and I was hoping to create a litle competition but that didn't work, so he had a few days 'off''. During that time I bought a litle basket to work with and we tried it today with pretty respectable results. He did figure out how to pick it up by the handle instead of just the rim, so I let our progress end there. I've been reading so much Karen Pryor that I'm having clicker dreams. Some of the material I bought, but some came from the library and I wanted to read and return asap, apparently there are a lot of naughty dogs out there!

abby_someone

Great video!!! And what a fantastic way for peeps to understand when to click at the right time (y)
Very clever indeed,well done ))BIG THUMBS UP!!!((:love:
Another thing it does is show actual learning in progress. Most of the videos I have seen yet, the "trainee" dog already knows how to do it. I liked watching the transformation as well as the information to how long it took to train this skill (even though all dogs will be different). I think this video will help me explain to a friend how effective clicker training is.

Why do you think that the light switches were so high in that house?

abby_someone

I love her videos, she was instrumental in getting me hooked on service dog training. She's also very friendly and helpful. Definitely one of my YouTube favorites. :)
I have been interested in service dog training for a long time, especially when I was a stay at home mom, but I didn't know where to begin. Alas, perhaps in the future (now that I know/am learning the proper techniques ;)).

kcmetric

Now if only I could teach them how to fold my laundry... or perhaps I must use a clicker on my husband since he's the proud owner of opposable thumbs ;)

But that's fascinating. I love clicker training. I have used it on my boys- my clicker mysteriously has disappeared so I have to go buy a new one tonight so I can start training lms. I plan on getting her into schutzhund eventually.
OMD! I think I just had a brilliant idea on how you can get your dog to fold your laundry, no joke! Well, sort of... lol, so way back when I didn't have the slightest clue on how to properly fold a short (I still have my own style haha) I youtubed how to do it. This guy has a video which shows you how to make a shirt folder out of a cardboard box; the use of it is useful for getting the same, perfect dimensions over and over again for precision.

A dog could no doubt lift the tabs of this contraption on its own -- I'm off to find the video. Give me a decade and I'll teach my pups how to do it; maybe a new challenge? Lol.

Dogster

Honored Member
I'm actually teaching Shivon how to fold a towel.;) She's doing reeeeeeally well!!!! I have to hold it down sometimes, cuz she likes to lift it and shake it. Folding it in a triangle works better, it's easier for the dog, imo.:D