Dazzle And I Have Been Invited To An Event,i Need Ideas!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
CONGRATS!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!! I hope you and Dazzle rock!
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE TO GET READY?

I'm guessing, if it is not far off, you'll have to go with tricks that Dazxle already knows.

If you have time,
A trick i think is hilarious, is holding up cue cards with words on them,
and although a dog CAN be trained to recognize actual words,
it's really easier to hold up cue cards, and the dog is trained to respond to
either your facial expression,
OR
by the way you hold the cards.

This is how i taught my dog a card trick, my dog can NOT read the card, but, he was trained to bark if i used certain fingers to hold the cards, and to sit silently if i used other hand.

So you could do it either by having the dog actually DO the word on the card, for example, the dog sits,
if the card says "sit"
and so on.

----OR--------

You could have the dog do the WRONG move, on purpose,
and then when you say, "That's not right, Dazzle" then Dazzle could cover his eyes up.

----OR-------
you could hold up cards with questions, like, "Do you like doing tricks?" or "ARe you the best doggie ever?" and so on,
and train cute lil "answers" from Dazzle, as if Dazzle knows what the card says.

For a crowd, of course, you'd have to use large cards, that the audience could read. but you really CAN teach Dazzle, if you hold card in LEFT hand, he should do this.
If you hold card in RIGHT hand, he should do that.
If you hold card with your fingers at TOP EDGE of card, he does this.
if you hold card with both hands, he does this other thing.
and so on.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Wave, shy, beg, and roll over are all crowd pleasers. So so simple but people eat them up. What tricks does she know, and do you have time to get her reliable with any new ones?