Cookie The American Bulldog & Family

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome to DTA:D We use Positive Reinforcement only training here, it really is the only way to train. Is that the method used by the trainer in the link? I did take a quick look but it's very late here and I may have missed it.

Please post pics of your dog Cookie he sounds absolutely delightful:D

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!!!:D

MaryK, I think the trainer uses mostly positive reinforcement (I was reading a bit about her) but she does use choke chaines (can't quote, but it says "Learn the correct way to put a choke chain on":cautious: )

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!!!:D

MaryK, I think the trainer uses mostly positive reinforcement (I was reading a bit about her) but she does use choke chaines (can't quote, but it says "Learn the correct way to put a choke chain on":cautious: )
She'd lose me immediately - anything/one who mentions 'choke/slip collars' - isn't a Positive Reinforcement Trainer - I would be running a mile! They can do so much damage physically and psychologically to a dog, even 'put on correctly'. The 'correct way to put on a choke chain' is just one small area so much real damage has been done to dogs because they HURT it's Negative Reinforcement.

A dog trained using just Positive Reinforcement, not only learns faster, but the bond built between dog and owner is something which you just cannot achieve with any other method.

I've read a lot about how dogs are trained for movies and such, and it doesn't always make pretty reading either.

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh brother, I did wonder as no pic. Some people will do anything, makes it so hard for legitimate people!

MaryK

Honored Member
Hope the spammer read our posts about Positive Reinforcement though! They may have learned something, albeit it a somewhat under handed manner, so all may not have been lost.