Cookie The American Bulldog & Family

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by monx, Sep 23, 2012.

1. monx New Member

<<spam removed>>

2. MaryK Honored Member

Hi and Welcome to DTA:D We use Positive Reinforcement only training here, it really is the only way to train. Is that the method used by the trainer in the link? I did take a quick look but it's very late here and I may have missed it.

Please post pics of your dog Cookie he sounds absolutely delightful:D
    Dogster likes this.
  3. Dogster Honored Member

Welcome to DTA!!!!!:D

MaryK, I think the trainer uses mostly positive reinforcement (I was reading a bit about her) but she does use choke chaines (can't quote, but it says "Learn the correct way to put a choke chain on":cautious: )
    MaryK likes this.
  4. MaryK Honored Member

She'd lose me immediately - anything/one who mentions 'choke/slip collars' - isn't a Positive Reinforcement Trainer - I would be running a mile! They can do so much damage physically and psychologically to a dog, even 'put on correctly'. The 'correct way to put on a choke chain' is just one small area so much real damage has been done to dogs because they HURT it's Negative Reinforcement.

A dog trained using just Positive Reinforcement, not only learns faster, but the bond built between dog and owner is something which you just cannot achieve with any other method.

I've read a lot about how dogs are trained for movies and such, and it doesn't always make pretty reading either.
    Dogster likes this.
  5. southerngirl Honored Member

Welcome!! I would love to see pictures of your dog.:) Do you use a clicker? Does Cookie know any tricks?
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  6. Adrianna & Calvin Experienced Member

Does anyone else suspect this is spam?

If not, Mon, my apologies. But I kinda think it's spam.
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  7. Jean Cote Administrator

That is total spam... The link in the introduction was to buy a product...
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  8. MaryK Honored Member

Oh brother, I did wonder as no pic. Some people will do anything, makes it so hard for legitimate people!
    Dogster likes this.
  9. Dogster Honored Member

Now that I think about it.... Yup, looks like spam to me.:rolleyes::cautious:
    MaryK likes this.
  10. MaryK Honored Member

Hope the spammer read our posts about Positive Reinforcement though! They may have learned something, albeit it a somewhat under handed manner, so all may not have been lost.