Compilation of Inspiration

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Here's another for you. She's rapidly becoming one of my favourites. She has a very clear voice for video, is supremely calm, has a great attitude, and just seems to work so hard.

I give you... kikopup. She has 77 videos, so plenty to be getting on with. She's already made me rethink my own training strategies in more than one video, such as not using "ah ah" or any other marker to indicate an incorrect response.

snooks

Experienced Member
Yes I like Kikopup too, I think I found her actually on related video looking at something Tx_cowgirl gave me. :dogtongue2: Nice narratives and explanations.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Kikopup is great too. ^^ Haven't watched as many videos of hers as I'd like, but it was her pivoting video that made me realize how I could use that for backwards tricks. Very helpful. :)

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Very good videos!!! :) Really inspirational! :)

Here are some more that I think worth watching:
k9freestyler
The most successful freestyle competitor in Hungary. With Sherlock, they won almost all the competitions they entered, but now Sherlock is 11 years old, so they don't compete anymore. Hippi is her new dog, she is a 10 months old beardie puppy, still learning. :)

Tropikaki & BlueBoy&Bebop

I just love what she does with her dogs, BlueBoy is an amazing dog, they won the Grand Prix of France with canine freestyle, when the dog was just 2 years old.
FreestyledogsCZ
Alena Smoliková. I think it is amazing.

I don't know if this is "polite" but I would add myself too.... :D
Szecsuani's Channel

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol I haven't seen your vids in a while, other than the ones you post here. ^^ You and Pami do great work.

k9freestyler has some fun vids as well.

I'll have to check out the other two. ^^

Can't wait till I get a video camera....I would love to jump on the show-off-my-dog bandwagon. :doglaugh:

bighoneydog

Wow! All the videos are SOOOOO inspirational!

I get a bit disheartened sometimes, though, as even though I love the videos, I just know that many of the things I could never achieve with my own dog because of her size and breed temperament.

I wish there were some inspirational videos out there of giant breeds doing amazing things, so that it would be a bit more relevant to me! :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Understandable. ^^ You could probably still be able to do variations of some of the things on the vids. Let's say for instance.....ah, the 'no' trick! Check out Kikopup's vid on teaching the dog to shake their head 'no.' If Honey does any targetting this should be a relatively simple one. Clickertrickdog has a very cute vid of Shebang pushing a child's toy lawn mower. You could probably find a way to get Honey to do this. Danes just don't have the same attention span and work ethic as smaller breeds. ^^ The intelligence, but not always as much want-to, lol! I think she could still figure out this stuff though.

Lol...I didn't realize all the vids I listed are working breeds, mainly BCs. Oops. I have a bit of a Border Collie obesession. :dogblush:

Don't get too disheartened. If a horse can be trained to rear, buck, shake/nod head, "count," etc on cue, then your Dane can DEFINITELY master some neat tricks. Believe me--on average horses are much more difficult to work with when it comes to tricks. Completely different mindset. But then again some horses are like giant Border Collies and want to do nothing but learn. As of yet I have owned NONE of those, lol!

CollieMan

Experienced Member
bighoneydog;16942 said:
I wish there were some inspirational videos out there of giant breeds doing amazing things, so that it would be a bit more relevant to me! :)
There is Marge and her two Ridgebacks on YouTube. They're not quite the size of Great Danes I grant you, but not far off either!

YouTube - rogersmmr's Channel

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
That one only showed two dogs, but nonetheless very nice double-dog work. I've been working on some things like this with Zeke and Mudflap. ^^ Very fun. Nice vid!

Love the Tina Humphrey vid. ^^ Some very cute tricks here.

Freestyle is growing on me. :dogwub:

The Ridgebacks vids were actually the first time I saw the bubbles trick. ^^

BIGHONEYDOG---

How about some Borzoi tricks? (BCs first half of vid, Borzois next half) Not necessarily as advanced as your Honey, but still good. :)

marieke

Than I put up the wrong video, there was one where she's working with 4 dogs. I cannot find it right now though.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
tx_cowgirl;16935 said:
Lol I haven't seen your vids in a while, other than the ones you post here. ^^ You and Pami do great work.
Thanks! :)
I don't make too many videos, as I don't have a camera, so I always have to ask a friend to record us... :D

sara

Staff member
I use my digital camera for my showing off the dog video's. it actually takes nice video's. I've got a couple of video's on You tube too, of my deaf dog Scout, doing tricks and obedience for demonstrations.