CM's Daily Poll: Christmas Gifts

CollieMan

Experienced Member
The time will soon be upon us, when Santa takes it upon himself to empty his sack upon our otherwise pristine floors. But will he be visiting your dog this year?

Are you one of those people who choke the aisle of the pet-store, busy selecting 'just the right gift' for Fido? Does Fido get that Christmas is upon him? Does he get to open his lovely wrapped gift? We know these people exist. Are you one of them?

Or maybe, you wrap your dog, open him, and pretend he's brand new!

bipa

Christmas can be a tough time for dogs, with more noise and people around than they're used to. I always get something special for my dogs, usually in the line of a bigger than usual chew bone to keep them busy and distracted. Or perhaps a stuffable toy that will keep their interest for a while while I'm doing other stuff. But I don't bother wrapping the gifts. Guess I'm just too lazy.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that's what I do too! Nothing better than a delicious bone for christmas!!! :dogsmile:

l_l_a

I do too!!! I figure, just because a dog doesn't know or appreciate that it's christmas, why should that stop us from giving him something extra special? :)

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Jan will buy the dog a special gift, no doubt. Me, I'll be the one rolling my eyes at the spectacle of it.

bocephus

Experienced Member
Did someone say PRESENTS!
X-mas here is just as fun for the pups as it is for the kids Because, heck, they are Family!!
[media]http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/26746/2584384840067356537S600x600Q85.jpg[/media]

mopar53190

I 've always wrapped gifts to my pets. They are as much fun if not more, watching them tear open gifts than kids!

l_l_a

Bocephus that is such a fun picture!!

Next we will have to have a poll on birthday presents or birthday parties for the doggies! (or was there already such a poll?)

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I really want to give her something special, and I think I'll wrap it:dogwub:
This will be our first christmas together!
And I'll buy her a birthday present too, becouse her bday will be in december too. I just don't know wich day it is, becouse she is adopted...

bocephus

Experienced Member
When I first started wrapping their x-mas gifts he wasn't to thrilled with opening them up. So I put a few bacon bits under the paper and WOW did he start shredding them open! Makes for some great video.
I was afraid at first it may coax him into tearing future gifts at will but it never did. But oh boy can he smell which ones are his.

l_l_a

The first time I wrapped a present for my dog to unwrap, I expected it to occupy him for some time (thereby giving him some additional mental stimulation). I sat back in the chair with my camera, ready to capture some hilarious moments of experimentation. but to my surprise he unwrapped/shredded it so efficiently, like a pro and without any false moves, it's like he knew exactly what to do. My husband then admitted that - during those times I wasn't home from work yet - he had accidentally left fast-food wrappers or lunch bags or what not on the kitchen counter and the dog had got to it when his back was turned, on several different occasions, and had scavenged the left overs inside. So apparently our dog has had lots of experience in unwrapping things. my wrapped present to him then wasn't any challenge or mental stimulation. Hmph, so much for that idea.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Careful, he might unwrap all those lovely christmas presents that are going to be under the tree this upcoming holiday season!! :)

You might come home and find him chewing on a brand new pair of shoes! hehehe

addictinganimal

Tank got this big ol' two foot bone last Christmas. :msngiggle: It was even funnier 'cause he was maybe 8-10 weeks at the time. It wasn't wrapped, but did he sure love it! Of course, the neighborhood dogs all helped out, and the rest got chucked a few days later, but hey! :msngrin: