Chloe Got A Channel!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Chloe finally got her own channel on Youtube! I've been meaning to make her a channel for a while, but haven't gotten around to it until now! And I just posted her first video. It features her doing some of her tricks. I've never posted a video before, so bear with me, it might not work...

I also posted a video of my fish, Zipper, doing his tricks. Poor Chloe has to share her channel with my other pets! ;) Anyway, here is his video.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Great videos. I love Chloe's tricks and she really is a beautiful dog.
I find that awesome that you taught your Betta to do tricks.(y) I was going to teach mine, but he got really sick and sadly passed away.
Can't wait to see more videos! :)

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Those tricks are awesome!! I love Zipper's trick. That's the coolest trick I have ever seen! :whistle: Cloe's tricks are awesome too! (y) Keep up the good work with both of them.

Off to subscribe now!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Thanks! I had a ton of fun training my betta, but it's definitely difficult since they can only have like 5 pellets a day, so that's basically how many times you can reward him. Also, it's really hard with him, because he doesn't understand the concept of luring, so all of his tricks have to be taught with shaping.

I'll definitely be posting more videos, especially because I'm getting a new family member this weekend! He is a guinea pig, and his name is Cruz! He is sort of a rescue, he was my little cousin's, she got him for her birthday, thought he was great, then a few months later realized how much work he is and didn't want him any more. So I am taking him! :) You can be sure that he will be learning lots of tricks, and I'll be sure to post them on YouTube so you guys can see them!

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I used to do Co-op at Petsmart in the fish department, so used to work with the Betta fish. I was only supposed to feed them 3 or so pellets of food twice a week -- that was PetsMart's feeding schedule, not my rules or I probably would have wanted to feed them every day...

My jobs included:

1. Cleaning the Betta fish cups -- yes, a couple fell out of the cups: I missed the net - oops!
2. Cleaning out the cricket bins... - yuck! yes, I had crickets crawling up my arm...
3. Feeding the fish in the tanks on the wall -- stop, reset, feed hold, start - I still remember the order of buttons I had to press, in order for the filters to stop so I could feed them all! :)

I always enjoyed every Thursday when a new batch of fish came in... -- it was the busiest days in the fish department... :)

kassidybc

Experienced Member
I used to do Co-op at Petsmart in the fish department, so used to work with the Betta fish. I was only supposed to feed them 3 or so pellets of food twice a week -- that was PetsMart's feeding schedule, not my rules or I probably would have wanted to feed them every day...

My jobs included:

1. Cleaning the Betta fish cups -- yes, a couple fell out of the cups: I missed the net - oops!
2. Cleaning out the cricket bins... - yuck! yes, I had crickets crawling up my arm...
3. Feeding the fish in the tanks on the wall -- stop, reset, feed hold, start - I still remember the order of buttons I had to press, in order for the filters to stop so I could feed them all! :)

I always enjoyed every Thursday when a new batch of fish came in... -- it was the busiest days in the fish department... :)
That doesn't sound like a lot of fun! :p Well, at least not the cricket part! Gives me shivers...

How often did you clean the betta's cups? Just curious how much that pet store cleans them, since at my local petsmart they usually look really gross... Hopefully others are better!

By the way, thanks for subscribing! Does Missy have a channel I can subscribe to?

MissyBC

Experienced Member
That doesn't sound like a lot of fun! :p Well, at least not the cricket part! Gives me shivers...

How often did you clean the betta's cups? Just curious how much that pet store cleans them, since at my local petsmart they usually look really gross... Hopefully others are better!

By the way, thanks for subscribing! Does Missy have a channel I can subscribe to?
I had to get used to the crickets myself... I didn't enjoy that part much...

I can't remember how many times I cleaned their cups as it was 11 years ago -- my guess is probably 3 times a week -- Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. :)

Oh and another experience I had was I cleaned out the hamster, gerbil, mouse, and Skinny Pig cages -- only once as I found out Co-op students weren't allowed - nothing I had done wrong. Wow, are those Skinny pigs wrinkly but warm!! I got bit by a mouse once -- OUCH! -- same day I thought I had "lost" a hamster... -- I panicked!! He was running in his exercise wheel above the cages -- I heard a "squeak! squeak!" sound and then realized... "oh, wait... there he is!"

Yes, Missy has a youtube channel:

youtube.com/walkinmypaws

I haven't posted anything new since 10 months ago on it though, as I find I can't videotape and hold the leash at the same time! :) Hopefully this summer (maybe sooner?) I'll be able to videotape some of her tricks, with her lead dragging. :) Enjoy!