Chew Toy Recommendations

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oh no! I just give the Booda edibles once in a while. The edible bones. Never tried the Booda ropes. :dogblink:

stormi

Ah, please dont apologise tx_cowgirl. I asked for recommendations and the rings work for your dogs, so no worries :msngrin: Lily is a really destructive little girl; seems everything she gets a chance to get her teeth into she feels the need to break into numerous pieces.

I did get another (the three ring type) for my puppy and he's really enjoying it :dogsmile: Just have to make sure I pick it up before Lily gets to it!

Edible treats are OK; I prefer the more natural things like tripe sticks, but they dont last long at all.

Thanks for the warning dat123...we get toys like those here too (although I've never bought one). Sorry you and Talin found out about the danger of those toys the hard way.

dat123

Experienced Member
tx_cowgirl;16885 said:
Dave is that the giggle ball? I don't remember the giggle ball being a treat dispenser but that sure looks a whole lot like it. It's sad that you have to be cautious just about buying safe toys now....ugh.
No , it's not a giggle ball. It's a hollow ball about 6" diameter with a hole about 1 1/2 " diameter with a dial around it. When you turn the dial around, the hole gets small, so you close it , until hole is smaller than treat inside. The plastic is really hard, not easily destroyed by dogs teeth, hence the power tools to get it off !!!!

I actually bought the dumbell version, same brand and plastic, just last weekend. He loves it.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Hmm. Maybe I'll look for the dumbell version. :) Indestructible toys are always a good find.

Guess it's back to the drawing board for Lily, huh? Lol. Good luck. :) If I find anything else they don't destroy I'll let you know.

stormi

tx_cowgirl;16958 said:
Guess it's back to the drawing board for Lily, huh?
Yeah...it's quite amazing really how powerful her jaws are. She's only a little cocker!

lexio2

I just bought a GOUGHNUTS toy for Trophy. He can destroy just about any toy in just a few seconds. The goughnuts toys have a indicator core so you know when to take the toy away, and then you send it back to the company and they will send you a new one!

snooks

Experienced Member
That's a neat idea. I'll have to try one erm let the dogs try it. Thanks. ! Even the look on your avatars face says I am a serious chewer. :)

stormi

That's a good idea...thanks for sharing lexio. Will you let us know how Trophy gets on with it?