Chase- Labrador/dalmation

southerngirl

Honored Member
RIP old boy.
Sex: Male unaltered
Chase got his name because he used to Chase cars all the time. He would even Chase my and my siblings bus because he seemed to think we were being kidnapped. Once he tried getting on the bus. He was hit by two motorcycles and one car.
Chases Dad was a purebred Lab and his Mom was a purebred Dalmatian.
Birthday: May 19, 1996 ? Don't now my sister doesn't remember:rolleyes: So we celebrate it on my 2nd younger brothers B'day because Mitchell(my brother) was a baby when we got him.
Favorite Food: Anything(He's a garbage disposer)
Favorite toy: he doesn't play and when he used to he would only play with sticks.
How we got Chase: My sister's friend's dog had an accidental litter so Michele(older sis.) asked for one. She got the pick of the litter. She adored Chase and would not let me and my 4 other siblings touch him.:( She moved out and tried getting rid of him because where she was going wouldn't allow him. My mom said no way that he was staying with us.
Personality: Chase is laid back, but used to be full of energy. When me and my siblings were young we would chase him around and try to get the stick from him. We never could no matter how many times we dived for him. He used to be a very tolerant boy allowing me and my siblings to climb on him, pull his ears and so on, but now we always tell my nephews to be careful around him because he is Not tolerant of little ones. He's our Grumpy old Fart.
Problems: He doesn't like my 10 year old brother.:confused: If Aaron gets near food Chase growls, hugs my mom Chase growls, ruff housing with me or my other brothers Chase bites him(not hard) Aaron has cried because Chase doesn't like him. He doesn't listen anymore now that he's old.
Health: Hard of hearing and seeing. Bad hips. One of his back legs barley works from him being hit by a car when he was younger(broken leg). He has no muscle or fat on that leg. The vet had told my mom it was going to happen so no worries.

Tricks
1. Sit
2. Lay
3. Stay
4. Come
5. Spin
6. bed
7. out
Pictures

MaryK

Honored Member
Yeah he's old. And yes a lot of my childhood memories include him one of which is him pulling me down my front steps on my butt when I was 7.:cautious: I didn't take him out again till I was older after that.
:ROFLMAO: Sorry Southerngirl but am just imagining Chase pulling you down the front steps on your butt! We do always have such wonderful memories, especially childhood ones, of our first dog!

Chase is wonderful and I'm hoping both my boys make that venerable age - 16 Wow!!!!!!!!!:love:

southerngirl

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO: Sorry Southerngirl but am just imagining Chase pulling you down the front steps on your butt! We do always have such wonderful memories, especially childhood ones, of our first dog!

Chase is wonderful and I'm hoping both my boys make that venerable age - 16 Wow!!!!!!!!!:love:
I laugh at it now, but I wasn't laughing than. He has a reputation for dragging me, another time I was around twelve he almost pulled me into a ditch I had to slide onto my butt to anchor myself down. I hope your boys make it to 16 too!

MaryK

Honored Member
I laugh at it now, but I wasn't laughing than. He has a reputation for dragging me, another time I was around twelve he almost pulled me into a ditch I had to slide onto my butt to anchor myself down. I hope your boys make it to 16 too!
LOL Southerngirl, I think you should add a bit more to Chase's Profile - How Many Times I Pulled My Mom Over! I'm sure you have many more stories to tell:LOL:

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Aww, my family's dog also had a problem on a back leg that resulted in a hips problem (at 13 years). But they live fine nevertheless, they don't care as long as it doesn't hurt n.n

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
16!! What an amazing long life!!! I don't know what that makes him in dog year but it probably translates into "old enough to be grumpy whenever I darn well please"

cyber hugs to the dignified senior!

southerngirl

Honored Member
16!! What an amazing long life!!! I don't know what that makes him in dog year but it probably translates into "old enough to be grumpy whenever I darn well please"

cyber hugs to the dignified senior!
He's actually about to turn 17 on May 19. And he get's away with a lot of things because of his age. The poor guy is loosing his mind so we just don't know if he's misbehaving anymore or if it's because his mind is going so we let it go.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I'm thinking it's because he has Mutt power. I have heard mixed breeds live longer than purebreds though his parents were purebreds. Yes, I must agree he's a handsome old man.:)
I've heard that too, I'm in trouble since all my dogs are purebred! :notworthy: My moms chihuahua is purebred and 10 years old, so maybe theres hope.

You're lucky though, and so is Chase to have the same home for his whole life. :)

Honored Member
He's actually about to turn 17 on May 19. And he get's away with a lot of things because of his age. The poor guy is loosing his mind so we just don't know if he's misbehaving anymore or if it's because his mind is going so we let it go.
One of our cats is just about to turn 18 (in about two weeks) and she's lost her mind a bit. It's not very nice, she cries a lot like she's lost but if you call her she stops, even though she is in the same room.

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Most mutts live longer. The ones with purebred parents, it's not the case usually, but you got the lottery I guess! :D Purebreds have more genetic problems, while MUTT mutts (I mean, the ones you can't even guess what kind of dogs are in the mix) are usually the ones who live longer. My parents had one that lived to 19 years old. My aunt has another two that are currently 16 and 14 approximately. And they are quite fine, even if they lived most of their lives on the street (you'd expect a shortened lifespan).

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay so here's a video from when me and my brothers took Chase to the creek in my neighborhood for his bday back in May. Chase seemed to enjoy it. So to get to this part of the creek I have to go through the woods, because I've always taken Missy who doesn't have a problem I didn't realize how hard it would be for Chase. My brother ended up have to carry Chase some of the way, but Chase had fun.
If anyone's wondering my lil bro in the background is asking about a fort that used to be in my neighborhood.