Chance's 3rd Chance

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
ohhhhhhhh, i get it, Dilly, you are doing the Kikopup execises! AH HA! Well good then! (i did not train my "leave it" the kikopup way).

I just taught it the old fashioned way, as described in post #10 above..

Dlilly

Honored Member
Well, he will look away from the treat and he wont eat the treat, but then he will stare at it intensely.... Its sooo cute, but I dont like that he is staring at it.

I'm just following the instructions from the kikopup video. she hasn't failed me yet!

I've also been doing some "no jumping on me!" training. He is really getting the hang of it!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
KUDOS, Dilly!! yes, i had forgotten what all the Kikopup way "was", as i did not use that way to teach "leave it".
Great work! This dog is really coming along in leaps and bounds under your care! wow!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Yeah, the dog staring at the treat------ i dunno, how to do the kikopup way, but in the video, it seems like she keeps walking around.
Maybe that is a key way to do "leave it" the kikopup way---is keep walking around.(?)

I never did it, so i don't know for sure...my way, Buddy didn't stare at the piece of bread. He seemed to "get it", right away, on first ever lesson. He just ignored it. Not that hard for him to do, as it was only a boring piece of bread after all!:ROFLMAO:

THEN i slowly advanced along, maybe carrotts, and slowly slowly increased the treat value that he was supposed to ignore. It was a few lessons before i even tried "leave it" with meat.

it worked out great. He got it right off.

Anneke

Honored Member
It could help if you move the treat you will give as a reward, up to your face, before giving it to your dog. Luring his eyes to your eyes.;)