Certified Pet Trainer

JJS

It's been 6 years of training and learning about our furry/non-furry friends and I love every minute I'm with my Pet Parents and their dogs.
I'm currently working toward a interesting road for training. I've got a client that wants me to train his dog to nod his head for a commercal.
I don't have but about 6 hours to do this, but have worked with the dog and he's a great learner so I'm hopeful with enough repetitions that he will get it.
My thoughts are to teach stay with distance, but I don't know how to tackle the nodding at a distance.
Any advise is more than welcome please and thank you.

Dlilly

Honored Member
My dog, Shiloh, is a velcro dog. I taught her to do tricks at a distance really slowly. I know this isn't very helpful, but, all I can say is take your time and do it slowly.

I forget how I taught her tricks at a distance. Sorreh. :p

JJS

My dog, Shiloh, is a velcro dog. I taught her to do tricks at a distance really slowly. I know this isn't very helpful, but, all I can say is take your time and do it slowly.

I forget how I taught her tricks at a distance. Sorreh. :p
I remember stay with distance. What I've decided to do is to, like you said, take it slow. I've got 2 hours on one day. I think I'll work in 15 min intervals with brain breaks between. I've already connected with the pup with prior training and hopefully he'll remember! How could he not, right! I'll then teach head up and down with the cue being whatever the script says so that will be his command to nod head!
Thanks for the reply. Your dogs are Beautiful:)